Mario Party: Island Tour

Release Date: November 22, 2013

Developer / Publisher: Nd Cube, Nintendo

Platforms: 3DS-Exclusive

Price: $39.99

----------

Game Overview

This party goes where YOU go

Mario Party: Island Tour lets you take the fun on the road with your Nintendo 3DS system!

Face off against friends and family in the all-new, ultimate Mario Party - a portable minigame extravaganza that's bursting with gameplay possibilities. If you've never played a Mario Party game before, you're in for a treat.

There's always something new to see on the Party Islands.

In this ultimate showdown you can take on the road, blaze through the 7 new game boards, some of which take just minutes to play. Wrangle goombas and blast out of cannons as you tilt, tap, and draw through new minigames harnessing the unique functionality of Nintendo 3DS. Compete in new multiplayer modes including mind bending puzzles, minigame challenges, or enter a whole new reality with AR Card play for up to 4 players*. Whether in single or multiplayer, this is a portable party that never ends.

Even if you've experienced the Mario Party series before, you've never played it like this:

• Join 4 players locally in new multiplayer* modes.
  • 7 new game boards, each with different rules and characteristics.
  • New boards and modes that take just minutes, ideal for portable play.
  • 80+ minigames exclusive to Nintendo 3DS.
  • New single player multi-floor minigame tower. (30 floors)
  • Use the StreetPass feature to meet and battle with other partiers.
  • Party with up to 3 other people with Download Play.
  • Multiplayer Augmented Reality fun.
18jkvJL.jpg

I'll get a list of the mini-games up later. I've read what a couple were going to be, and seen some in the videos. But I haven't gone through to check them all out. Not even sure if the full list has been released yet. So I'll get back to that later. In the meantime, here is a list of the confirmed playable characters...

Confirmed Playable Characters:
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Toad
Peach
Daisy
Wario
Waluigi
Boo

Other characters shown, but are not confirmed to be playable, are...
Birdo
Blooper
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Chain Chomp
Cheep-Cheep
Dry Bones
Flutter
Goomba
Hammer Bros.
Koopa Troopa
Lakitu
Luma
Magikoopa
Monty Mole
Rosalina
Shy Guy
Toads
Thwomp
Whomp
Goomba Tower

I'm sure more characters will be confirmed later. There's still just less than 6 weeks away from the release date.

IMO,I was thinking of buying this in mid-September.But then I changed my pre-order purchase to Pokemon Y because I think that people aren't going to buy this game because they wanted the Mario Party series to have online multiplayer.

I still plan on getting this game. Also, online multiplayer would be cool. However, I understand why they aren't doing that. Because "party" games are way more fun with people actually around you. That's why they focused on local multiplayer. So you can play with your friends together in the same room with you. That's way more fun than playing online in these types of games. So I'm glad that it has that. My friends and I are all looking forward to getting this and playing it together. Online multiplayer would be cool, but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun, because there's no interaction. You'd just be sitting there, waiting for random people online to take their turn, and that could end up be boring. Especially if people online decide to take their time by not rolling the dice, on purpose, just to mess with others. Where's the fun in that. Still, having the option for it there would of been nice. However, I doubt I ever would of used it. I have way too many friends who all want to get it and play it together, to ever bother with the online play for this. So that's a non-issue for me. I'm definitely picking this up. That, and I was never a Pokemon fan either, so I've always stayed away from those games. But that's just me, it seems.

But yeah, this game looks fun, and with the local multiplayer, it's going to be blast having fun with my friends and joking around with them in person, while playing. Something that won't be there with online multiplayer. Not every game needs to have online multiplayer. For some games, yeah, of course. It would be almost a crime for certain games to not have online multiplayer. However, again, not every game needs to be online, nor needs to be online to be fun. Having or not having an online multiplayer for this game is not a make or break feature for this game.

Hey. Welcome. How are you?

Also, yeah... we already have this thread going..

Mario Party: Island Tour

Also, you happened to post this in the 'introduction' section, and not the 3DS section... so, I'm willing to bet that it'll be move... or rather, merged, with the previous one. So don't be surprised if that happens, ok. Don't worry about it tho, it's cool. Just a heads up, that's all. I made the same mistake too, and had it merged with the original thread. So it happens. But again, now worries.

That said, I'm looking forward to this game myself. But you can read the rest over in the link. Thanks.

I have been looking over this game and I think playing multiplayer with other people would be fun. This is definitely on my games I want to own list.

i love mario party, even by myself. in an attempt to hint around about wanting it for christmas, i put the wallpapers rotating on my computer desktop. no go, but i did get a gamestop card for Christmas. might have to make it happen

Latest threads

Back