Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

GunGunW

Playing
Switch
Has anyone else gotten a chance to play it? I got it for Christmas and I have to say I think it's rather good, but the reviews seem to completely disagree with me!

I say to myself "the reviews hate it so it's probably it good game." I haven't tried it, but i have the one on 3ds and loved it. I'm more of a Mario Golf kinda guy, so i was really hoping they would have made a big pretty golf game instead.

I would like to know how you feel about it after a lot of time in.

I honestly don't think my opinion of it will change if I play it more since I've seen most of what I'm going to see already. As much as I think it deserves a higher score than a 4.8 out of 10 IGN is right that it lacks content and that's a bit of a problem. However I do find the content it does have as amazing.

I'm someone who usually buys every "big" Nintendo release and I completely passed on Ultra Smash. There simply isn't enough content to justify the purchase. There aren't even themed levels based on specific characters. It's probably fun but when the Nintendo 64 version had more content, it's inexcusable.

@BjFauble The best Mario Tennis game to this day remains the original one for Game Boy Color, and that one did not have any themed levels! It was a tennis-themed RPG. ;)

I wound up with this game...

I found Just Dance 2016 Wii U at Shopko for $11.99 on clearance and I bought it. I actually had the original Wii version of Just Dance 2016 and it traded in at Gamestop for a whopping $22. So I had a money off coupon to Gamestop from using points as well, and when I went in there, they were extremely busy and picked over, because just recently, like within the last 3 days, they have greatly boosted their trade in values. I decided to just pick up Mario Tennis Wii U.

I will let you know what I think.

Last edited:
Aaaand... I love this game (Mario Tennis Wii U)! It plays like a sports game, with rules and best practices and all that. The 3DS version has a better control system through more moves, but introducing more moves also makes it more complicated. Overall, I might choose the Wii U version though over the 3DS version. It just has great graphics and is a good, solid game. The reviews are right, the modes are limited, more limited than a game like Smash Bros., but you just have to take things for what they are, a $50 sports game that achieves its purpose pretty well. My score so far: 8/10

While I won't score this game a 10, I'm pretty much a fanboy to this game.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back