Miyamoto working on new IP, due in 2014

BanjoKazooie

From
Pennsylvania USA
Playing
Nintendo 64
Miyamoto is working on a "new franchise" for the Wii U next year, and it is taking up all his time.

I personally think it is going to be a casual game that appeals to all ages, but has little substance for the hardcore ninty fan to sink his teeth into. I think this braise Iwata has stated several times he wants a game to show off the Wii U's gamepad and why people should have a wii u. It will probably appeal to the casual audience that bought wii's.

What I'm hoping for is a revolutionary title that changes the way people game for the better, something that he has done several times in the past. I want it to be emotionally renching, graphically appealing, and fun to play. I hope we get a character with depth (for the first time in a Nintendo game) and with a strong supporting cast.

What do you think this game is going to be?

SOURCE: http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/10/4510162/miyamoto-talks-up-super-mario-3d-world-hints-at-new-franchise

...? In some ways I feel like you're setting yourself up for some serious disappointment. The IP is likely to be something interesting and I had more to say, but that's mostly ranting against the idiotic "hardcore" vs "casual" bs in the gaming world. But yeah, it will likely be a good game that most folks enjoy and that's what matters at the end of the day.

I can imagine it will be similar to Wii music style or Nintendogs as he seems more prone to developing games like those. I'd be up for a game the uses the gamepad in a really good way like Nintendo land but that is a full game, not a mini game collection (Nintendo land was awesome though)

Latest threads

Back