My short XBox One review

Shane

From
Illinois
If you've read enough of my posts, you'll know I lean toward the PS4 over the XBox One. But it wasn't always this way. When the PS4 and XBox One were released, I thought I'd greatly prefer the XBox One. I was even excited for the Kinect. Unfortunately, I feel the Kinect and Kinect games didn't deliver. Also, for some reason, my XBox One crashed constantly in 2 player Madden, while the PS4 didn't. Finally, I spent forever downloading Master Chief Collection and its patches. In all, the downloads were a total of 70GB, and took almost 8 hours. Too long for me.

That being said, the XBox One does some things well. The lower resolution over PS4 is hard to notice, and these days, some games are about equal in graphics quality. Killer Instinct is really fun! So is Halo, and Forza.

The Kinect went through a lot of research and development costs, yet I still find it pretty underwhelming, in every way possible. It is only a little better than the PS4 camera I have tried, and the PS4 camera is sufficient.

The controller of the One, though, is well-made.

All in all, I rate the PS4 a 9.5/10, the Wii U a 9.5/10, and the XBox One a 9.1/10.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back