NES Hardware Mods

JoanMcWench

Playing
NES
Some would say if it's not done well then don't do it at all. Keep the NES in its original form. However, some of the worst I've done have gotten me to a place where I'm pretty good at modding. Yes, not the best but I wouldn't even be 'good' without trying. What are the best NES mods you've seen? Here's an example of greats:
ugly-nes-mod-0-nwf.jpg

nes_snes_casemod.jpg

For-web-1.jpg

TMNT-Party-Wagon-NES-FINAL-JPG.jpg

Here's my favorites:

49379.jpg

And

NES-mod-with-built-in-screen-by-Silius-image.jpg

Laptop NES!

custom-paint-gaming-consoles-mods-3.JPG

2.jpg

Lego-NES-Mod.jpg

Just for some starters. I like custom mods. I'd probably rock one out if I could afford them properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a cool setup. Now is that the only game it has? Do the cartridges plug into the unit? That would suck if that is the only game that is playable on that unit.

49379.jpg

I believe it's an emulator, but I've messaged Darkeru, the creator of this mod, and asked him to shed some additional light on it.

Hello everyone. I created the original NES cartridge using a portable emulator which already contained about 100 classic games on it. It looks like my original build thread has gone the way of the dodo but after my little prototype another modder came along and perfected the design. You can read and see his cartridge over at HACKADAY.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back