Playing
Wii U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=inlNTwOXRqk

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Release Date: October 22, 2013 (Today)

Developer / Publisher: Magic Pockets, Activision

Platforms: Wii, 3DS, 360

----

Here is the new Launch Trailer for the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles video game. Honestly, I haven't watched the new cartoon series, tho I hear good things about it. And, this game looks to be a lot better than the last Ninja Turtles game that came out. Out of the Shadows. This game looks to bring back that old familiar feeling of the good Turtles games from the past. Of course, I'd have to play it for myself, to say for sure. Perhaps soon. We'll see.

With that said, who else is interested in trying out this new game. I may or may not eventually buy it. But I am interested in at least trying it out for myself. I'll see if any of my friends picked it up. If so, great. Then I can try it for myself. If not, I might have to wait a bit before I can play it.

However, in the mean time time, who else is interested in this game.

I liked the first Xbox game by Konami, but this looks pretty terrible. Haven't watched the new series, but I'm not very open to using CGI graphics in this franchise.

Well, those older Ninja Turtle games were based on the last cartoon, of the early 2000's. This game is based on the cartoon that's currently playing, and has been playing for the past year or 2, or so. Something like that. I will say, tho, that this game looks better than that Out of the Shadows game that they just released not too long ago. Of course, that's also not saying much. Also, I don't mind CGI graphics that much. They aren't that bad. I mean, the actual look of the Turtles themselves is a design choice I'm not 100% sold on, but it's not because it's CGI, it's because that's the art choice they chose tho make.

However, if you like the older cartoons better, because they were more traditional cartoons, then you should check out the movie that came out 2009. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever. Here's the full movie, uncut, for your enjoyment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csn1j65e7oQ&feature=player_detailpage

If you haven't seen it, it's a trip. It has all 3 iterations of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Well, all 3, at the time, at least. It doesn't have these new cgi turtles, nor the cgi movie turtles from a few years back. 2006, I believe. But it has the early 2000's cartoon, mixed with the 80's cartoon, mixed with the original black and white comic book series. I enjoyed this. You should watch it if you haven't yet. Enjoy.

Somehow I don't see myself watching a 1.5 hour animated TMNT movie these days :)

I did look at the art style though, what's with the blocky heads?

The older TMNT from the 1980's is what I like best. These newer ones just ruined the franchise for me. Ever played the TMNT Arcade game? it was one of my favorites. Four players and I put in so much quarters into the machine.

crunchyg said:
Somehow I don't see myself watching a 1.5 hour animated TMNT movie these days :)

I did look at the art style though, what's with the blocky heads?
I watched it a couple of years ago. I thought it was a pretty good mix of old and new. As for the 'blocky heads', that's what the early 2000's reboot looked like. Just an 'artistic' change. Tho, again, it also has the original 80's cartoon, and the original comic book, designs as well. They even act the same way that they did back then. So it's a trip seeing both styles together. If you liked the original 80's cartoon, give this movie a chance one day. I thought they did pretty good, overall.

NintendoCosmos said:
The older TMNT from the 1980's is what I like best. These newer ones just ruined the franchise for me. Ever played the TMNT Arcade game? it was one of my favorites. Four players and I put in so much quarters into the machine.
Yeah, I remember that game. I not only actually played it at the arcade, when it first came out... but I also got the NES version when that was released. So much fun. Good times all around, I say.

Latest threads

Back