Nintendo 64 Preservation Project

N64 Preservation

Playing
Nintendo 64
HI everyone! I was just posting on here to talk about a new project that I've been working on. It's called the N64 Preservation Project and its aim is to fix your old cartridge games. A lot of the time the rom chips will work perfectly, but the connections on the board itself will fail over time. In this case you would either have to solder wires to fix the connections in the cartridge or use a donor board. A lot of people opt to use a donor board but this means sacrificing an already working game in order to get the board. But now I've specially designed new boards that you can put your rom chips into and will fit back into the original cartridge. I've put the download for the Eagle CAD files on my website for those who want to send the files off to be manufactured. For anyone else that wants a pre-manufactured board, I will be setting up a shop soon that will allow you to buy the new donor boards directly from me.

Here's the link to my site:

N64 Preservation Project

Thank you very much for your interest and let me know what you think.

- Colin

IMG_3678-2048x1450.jpg

Here's a finished board in a cart.

Last edited:
This is really cool, how did you come up with the idea for this project? Also I’m not too tech savvy but how is this different from another similar cartridge system like the everdrive 64?

So this is different in the sense that it uses the original chips from an actual cartridge. It’s a board replacement for games you have whose boards have failed.

But yeah I just got the idea because I felt there needed to be a way to repair old cartridges without sacrificing other working ones.

Latest threads

Back