Nintendo Coins

Mario1992

Nintendo Coins could be the virtual currency of Nintendo Forums. Members on this site could earn Nintendo Coins by replying to topics and making new topics in the forum. This could boost activity because people who would join could possibly think that if they become active then eventually they would get free games.

Also members could also use Nintendo coins to promote their own auctions or businesses.

For example, If some one wants to auction of their Mewtwo, then they could do an auction. Th member who bids the most will win the pokemon.

No only this but if the members get nough Nintendo coins ( roughly 10,000 for example) then they could cash in them to buy Nintendo E-shop codes for the games.

What do you lot think?

We already have a trophy point system, and we could rename them into Coins and flesh the system out a bit. I'm not sure if we could give free games to people, because someone would have to pay for that, but we could think of other fun ways people could redeem their points.

Yeah free games would be a little much, how about the coins contribute to your profile somehow? Like you get sprites in your profile or something cute like that and you can use the points to redeem stuff?

We already have a trophy point system, and we could rename them into Coins and flesh the system out a bit. I'm not sure if we could give free games to people, because someone would have to pay for that, but we could think of other fun ways people could redeem their points.

To be honest, we could set the limit that the members need between 2,500 - 5000 coins to exchange it for Eshop stuff (Depends on how expensive the game is).. If they post like 10 times a day it means that they have to be active for atleast 250-500 days to get it. Also if we keep advertising about their chances of getting free Eshop stuff then we could get many people on here.

Eventually, this site will need to host tournaments and you could give away the coins like 3oo to the winner ( Instead of giving them stuff you have to pay for).

Basically we are rewarding the members who have been active on here.

We do? That's honestly news to me.

However, as Crunchyg has said, this would be costly. I don't think Crunchyg wants to be the one to put up the cost of buying all these download codes, and it's not like there's any ads being displayed on this forum which would allow the staff members to make a small amount of money off of in order to buy these codes.

Hypothetically speaking, users might be rather disappointed when they discover that they aren't awarded an extra life with every 100 coins! :p

I do like the idea of being rewarded for comments and forums. What is the reward associated with points?

What about affording forum opportunities like 'Day as a MOD' or 'Get to pick the theme of the day'?

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back