Nintendo cutting prices on Nintendo Selects line

Wow, totally unexpected. I'm going to go snag my copy of Ocarina of Time 3D as soon as March 11th rolls around lol.

Nice! I might get DK Tropical Freeze. I have always wanted to play it.

Wow, totally unexpected. I'm going to go snag my copy of Ocarina of Time 3D as soon as March 11th rolls around lol.
That and Super Mario Galaxy 2 are the ones I was targeting most. I wouldn't mind some of the others, but I haven't played Ocarina of Time in ages, and I'd like my next run through to be a little less... crudely polygonal. The original is a great game, but there are elements of it that haven't aged well.

Question. Is this on the Nintendo Eshop and in stores? I prefer to buy the physical disc. Thanks. :)

Yeah same here, the physical chip would be what I wanted... but I'm okay with whatever in the end.

That and Super Mario Galaxy 2 are the ones I was targeting most. I wouldn't mind some of the others, but I haven't played Ocarina of Time in ages, and I'd like my next run through to be a little less... crudely polygonal. The original is a great game, but there are elements of it that haven't aged well.
I have my eye on Galaxy 2 as well.

Question. Is this on the Nintendo Eshop and in stores? I prefer to buy the physical disc. Thanks. :)
I think they're going to be both physical and digital, but I haven't seen any insanely reputable sources claiming as much. If I find out otherwise I'll let you know here.

Thank you. I would just want to buy it from Amazon, since that is where I buy everything! :D But I would think that it would be for physical copies too, since they are still Nintendo Selects, I would think it would be for all. But I guess we will see.

It'll be nice to pick up a few titles at a discount. :)
I'm not sure how much this has to do with the Wii U and 3DS's lifespan coming to an end, but I only wish X360, PS3 and Wii games had prices go down after the new generation took over, but all these years later they're still not really cheap, at least where I live...

I mainly think this pertains to the end of the Wii U and 3DS because, on the whole, Nintendo almost never drops the prices on their flagship titles. A few years ago I was trying to get the New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii more than a year after it came out, and it was still at release date prices. In a few places even higher than that. To see such a significant drop is, for Nintendo, rather weird.

Very true. I never expected any Wii U games by Nintendo to go as low as $20!

You know... it could say something about the lifespan or it could say something about a backwards compatibility feature. If nintendo is pushing their products with price drops and even providing some incentives for previous save files on older games (see the latest nintendo direct) then we might see something huge like... importing VC libraries via My Nintendo accounts and complete backwards compatibility for your Nintendo libraries. Something like that would be absolutely amazing.

I don't think anyone would argue that the Wii U is slowly fading away this year (some would argue it's already done). Here is how Nintendo's future looks to me:

Holiday launch for NX home console
Zelda Wii U is a bridge title release on both the Wii U and NX
Zelda Wii U is the final major Nintendo title for the Wii U
3DS continues to see support in full force up through February or March of 2017
NX handheld will be release around June 2017.

What do you guys think?

Things like that do happen, with the scope of the game we are being promised... I honestly wouldn't care if they pushed it to the NX if it was a way to give me everything that they promised and dwarf other titles in the genre.

There would be precedence for Nintendo releasing the new Zelda on both systems. They did it with Gamecube and Wii on Twilight Princess, and it worked well enough. Considering it's been largely built on Wii U-level technology for a year or two (I assume, anyway) I don't see any reason why Nintendo wouldn't at least entertain a digital release for the Wii U.

First day of the price cut I walked into Walmart and snagged a copy of OOT 3D. It was the last one and the price was $20 on the nose. Needless to say, I was very happy to see the physical copy getting the price cut too.

That would be nice! But I doubt it will happen in my country ;(

Latest threads

Back