Nintendo deleting Mario Maker levels

spence88

Playing
3DS XL
Hey guys, I know you've heard this before, but Nintendo is deleting Mario Maker levels without any warning given to the creator. A famous Mario Maker streamer, with the name grandPOObear, got ALL of his levels deleted without any good reason at all. He even tried to call Nintendo while streaming but to no avail. It seems that once a level is deleted, you can't get it back. Nintendo also deletes levels that has zero clears from its creation after a certain period of time. I had a couple of my levels deleted before because of that.

So, any of you here had levels deleted? What do you think?

I don't have it yet, though shouldn't the levels be saved to your account/console too? Or are they just gone if they get deleted?

^ Here's the thing though... they are saved to your console, but once deleted from the server you uploaded them to for people to play... you cannot upload them again.

@TheDoctor_13 Yes even with edit. What happens is your saved level gets blocked, so no matter you do, you won't be able to upload it. You have to make the entire level again from scratch. It is really a hassle. Not to mention you have to upload it again! :(

Wow, that really sounds bad. Why is Nintendo so inconsistent, sometimes they are really strict (this), moderate, rather open.

My guess is that they were having server problems holding all those levels, and so, they made up some weird rules to delete a bunch.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back