Nintendo Direct - October 1, 2013

Lawnachaun

From
California
Playing
Wii U
So there is a new Nintendo Direct scheduled for tomorrow, October 1, 2013, at 7am PT / 10am ET. The biggest thing expected from this Nintendo Direct is the official announcement, and release, of the second big Wii U update, that we've been waiting for since it was first announced in January. Yep, January. We were supposed to get a Spring and Summer update. We got the Spring update, but the Summer update was pushed back to the fall, then closer to November. But now, there is lots of talk going around that it'll finally be released tomorrow. So that should be a main focus for this Nintendo Direct. Also, October see's some Nintendo games come out for the Wii U and 3DS as well. And some 3rd party games too. So they could add any of those into this Nintendo Direct as well. However, since the the Big Wii U Update is expected to be the major thing talked about, I figured I'd put this thread in the Wii U forum, and not the 3DS forum. Also, this Nintendo Direct may not just be focused on October releases. It could focus on it's entire Fall Lineup. I expect another Nintendo Direct in November to focus on the Holiday lineup, as well as help to counter against the launch of the PS4 and XO.

With that said, here is a list of the Wii U and 3DS games that could get a mention during the Nintendo Direct tomorrow. Which games would you like to hear about, and/or which games do you think will actually get talked about.

There are lots of Wii U and 3DS titles, but I'll just name games Published by Nintendo (may or may not be developed by them, but will be published by them. there is a difference), and not the 3rd party games. Tho there are some big 3rd party games coming soon. Like Batman, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Deus Ex, Project Cars, Lego, etc.etc.. But I'll focus just on Nintendo published games... With that said, here we go.

Possible Nintendo Direct content focused on..

Wii U:

Wii U Update
The Legend of Zelda: The WInd Waker HD - retail release
Sonic: Lost World
Wii Party U
Wii Sports Club
Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Wii Fit U
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2
"X"
Super Smash Bros
The Legend of Zelda: U (one can hope, at least)
Yarn Yoshi
Shin Megami X Fire Emblem
eShop titles and or release info
possible new Bundle info
New surprise title or software

3DS:

3DS Update (possible Miiverse release or unified account info)
Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Mario Party: Island Tour
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Mario Gold World Tour
Super Smash Bros.
Sonic: Lost World
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
eShop titles and or release info
possible new Bundle info
New Surprise title or software

-----

These are the most likely candidates to be the subject of tomorrow's Nintendo Direct. Some more likely than others. Still, "Surprise" Nintendo Directs are the best. So it really could be anything. Given the list, what games are you most excited to hear more info on. Or are you anticipating the Update news the most. Perhaps you'd like to see a new 'surprise' title. Anything can happen.

This weekend saw a lot of "Scheduled Maintenance" for the Nintendo servers. Both Wii U and 3DS. Which has people talking not only about the Big Wii U Update, but also, the possible release of Miiverse on the 3DS. We won't know for sure until tomorrow's Nintendo Direct.

What are you most looking forward to getting out of tomorrow's Nintendo Direct. Feel free to discuss. And have fun with it. I'll be adding all of the info from the Nintendo Direct here. I'll even post the video, for those you'll miss it. Again, it's on October 1, 2013, at 7am PT / 10am ET.

Thank you for the summary. I have pretty much given up on Nintendo improving the Wii U interface to look as fluid and modern as the Xbox Dashboard, but any improvement would be appreciated.

I'm really excited about a few games, especially Pokemon, Yarn Yoshi, Zelda, and any Smash Bros updates.

I actually like the Wii U interface way, way better than the Xbox Dashboard. It's clean and crisp, and you can organize it any way you want to. The Xbox interface is cluttered, and too busy, and looks a mess. I don't like what Microsoft did with the Xbox layout. The Sony layout seems a little simplistic, and category oriented. Not exactly sure what the PS4 or XO will use. But I think Nintendo hit the right balance is look, design, and feel, with the Wii U interface. Just making it a little quicker and smoother transitions would be nice. But overall, the look and feel of the Wii U's interface is miles ahead of the Xbox and Playstation. It's needs some tweaks, to make it faster, but overall, they got it right.

Also, I don't like the whole "Windows" look and feel to it, either. That's why I don't like the Window's phones. I think the layout looks ugly, with all of those squares. It's awful. And the Xbox has a similar menu design. Different sized boxes, and different categories filled with them. It feels too cluttered and too busy, and filled with too many things that don't interest me. I get that they offer something for everybody. But I find that I like certain things in any particular category, and don't need all of that mess around.

Even if Nintendo were to leave the interface alone, I still think it's way better than the 360 or PS3 interfaces. However, they mentioned a long time ago that they were going to tweak it. So we'll see what happens. I'm mostly just hoping that they speed it up when switching between apps/games. That's pretty much all the Wii U needs, in terms of the interface. Just to be faster when switching between things. That's it.

BIqdYuC.jpg

Here is a scan I found online for a UK advertisement. It shows a Wii U bundle with New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U, without a NintendoLand game. It's possible that Nintendo could decide to release that same bundle here in America, and sell NintendoLand separately. Also, shows some unreleased games that are coming in the near future. Super Mario 3D World. Wii Party U. Donkey Kong Returns: Tropical Freeze. and Wii Fit U. All of these, as well as the retail release of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, are all possible subjects for this new Nintendo Direct tomorrow, along with the much rumored Wii U update. I'm hoping that they talk about or reveal much more than just these. However, since these titles in particular are the closest to being released, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just mainly focused on these, the Wii U update, some eShop highlights, and some 3rd Party highlights. But with these games being the focus, game wise. As well as some 3DS games as well.

Again, I'll post the video feed, as well as all of the info from the Nintendo Direct, here after it airs, for those who'll miss it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8khWAH13fg&feature=player_detailpage

Here you go. There's the video from the Nintendo Direct that just ended. Here's a rundown of what's in the video...

Nintendo Direct - October 1, 2013

Presenter: Satoru Iwata -

Super Mario 3D World - Wii U
New Trailer showing even more gameplay
Fun in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer modes
Release Date: November 22, 2013

Mario & Luigi Wiimote Plus Controllers
Release Date: November 1, 2013

Wii Party U - Wii U
New video clips showing off new mini-games
Comes with a Horizontal Stand for the Gamepad, to make playing some of the minigames easier
Release Date: October 25, 2013

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Wii U
To ensure a quality title, and not a rushed out title, this will be delayed for a few weeks.
Release Date: February 2014
(I respect Nintendo for caring more about the quality of their games, and not about holiday sales, like some other companies do)

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games - Wii U
Some games will be Online Events, with other players around the world
Individual players online scores will count towards their home Country's scores, for a World Wide score between actual Countries.
Bundled with an Ice Blue Wiimote Controller
Release Date: November 15, 2013

Super Smash Bros. - Wii U & 3DS
3DS and Wii U - Sonic the Hedgehog is an official participant
Release Date: 2014

Pikmin 3 - Wii U
New Update to add DLC for new Missions in Mission Mode
DLC Price: $1.99
Update also makes the online rankings more accurate

Presenter: Damon Baker -

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl - 3DS
New Character Trailer
All first edition copies will be the Special Edition - "Untold, Unseen, Unheard" copies.
Release Date: October 1, 2013 (Today)

Just Dance 2014 - Wii U
Online Multiplayer Mode
Highlighted other modes, such as Party Master Mode, Custom Sweat Mode, and Spotlight Mode
Bundled with a Wiimote Plus
Release Date: October 8, 2013

Skylanders: Swap Force - Wii U & 3DS
Swapability mode, to create new characters
3DS has a special exclusive starter pack with characters not in the Wii U version
Release Date: October 13, 2013

Lego Marvel Super Heroes - Wii U & 3DS
180 characters
Release Date: October 22, 2013

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - 3DS
Release Date: October 22, 2013

Sonic: Lost World - Wii U & 3DS
Wii U - Deadly Six Bonus Edition Bonus content on preorder now
3DS - Exclusive content not on the Wii U version
Release Date: October 29, 2013

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - Wii U
Release Date: October 29, 2013

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies - 3DS
Free Demo out now
Release Date: October 24, 2013

IndieCade participation

eShop highlights:
Wii U:
Bit Trip Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythem Alien
Toki Tori 2 Plus
Little Inferno
3DS:
Cave Story
Attack of the Friday Monsters: A Tokyo Tale
Steam World Dig

Presenter: Erik Peterson

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - Wii U
Retail release coming up
Release Date: October 4, 2013

Animal Crossing - 3DS
Link's shirt from the beginning of The Wind Waker HD is available in Animal Crossing
Just get a sewing machine, and scan the QR code from their website

2DS + Pokemon X + Pokemon Y
Release Date: October 12, 2013

StreetPass Relay Points:
Nintendo Zones are raising the number of StreetPasses you can collect from 1 to 6, for easier StreetPass collections

New Furniture in Animal Crossing

New 3DS Updates Coming Soon:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy - 3DS
New Character Trailer

Presenter: Satoru Iwata -

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 3DS
Old Zelda System, beat dungeon 1, get item 1, use item 1 in dungeon 2. Beat dungeon 2, get item 2, use item 2 in dungeon 3. ETc.
New Zelda System, for A Link Between Worlds. Almost every weapon will be sold in the shop at the start of the game, so you can choose to buy you weapons and items in any order you want, and play any of the dungeons in any order that you want. Certain weapons will still be most useful in certain dungeons. But you don't have to play the game in order. You are free to choose your own direction and your own path.
Also, older characters from previous games will make appearances too, along with all brand new characters. For example, Dampe, from Ocarina of Time, was shown in this game. Other characters from previous Zelda games will also make an appearance.
Release Date: November 22, 2013

Suprise Title:
Kirby 3DS - (Tentative Title)
Showed off video of new 3DS Kirby game. No official title or release date revealed, but it will launch next year.
-------

There you go. What did you think of today's Nintendo Direct.

263lG03.jpg
ToWGXLh.jpg
3soqT7O.jpg
6bnw5lh.jpg

Here are the new Mario & Luigi Wiimotes that will go on sale on November 1, 2013, for $39.99 each. Both were announced during yesterday's Nintendo Direct. What do you think. Will you get one, or the other, or both. Or are you fine with what you have, and won't bother.

Latest threads

Back