Nintendo Not Having a Direct. Only Zelda

Lightning_Ninja

Playing
3DS XL
Not sure where else to put this.

It sounds like Nintendo won't be having a direct. Their normal time is now just the start of a day of Zelda U/NX info and gameplay. We know for a fact that Zelda will be the only playable game at their area.

Now they maybe could do a direct or show other games on other days, but I feel like they would've said something about that. After they announced only Zelda would be playable, I thought about what they could show at a direct. Pokemon Sun/Moon, Metroid Fed Force, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Paper Mario, some 3rd Party games. Now it doesn't seem like it, so it might be just Zelda at E3.

It really is starting to feel like that's it for them. Other companies might have their own games on Nintendo's systems at their booths (MH Generations will almost definitely be at Capcom's booth), but Nintendo seems to have no intentions of talking about anything else.

Not saying Zelda is going to be a bad game (I have no doubt it will be good, I loved SS and LBW), but Zelda alone does not an E3 make. It's like they heard people complaining there was no Zelda last year, and decided to spite us by only showing Zelda this year. I'm not sure if this will be better or worse than last year's show now.

Nintendo is not inspiring confidence in me. Thoughts?

I'm pretty disappointed in Nintendo at E3. Not in Nintendo hardware though, at least at this point.

Last edited:
I am not really that hype about E3. Why focus on ONE GAME? If you have lots to say about Nintendo you could have spread it out a bit like talk about it last Direct. But nope. Think of what E3 2016 COULD have been. Nx, Pokemon, Paper mario, Nx launch titles. The NX specs, More mobile apps, but instead we just get Zelda. Another lame E3 to chill with E3 2015, E3 2008 and E3 2012.

I'm not exactly sure either what Nintendo are thinking by just going with Zelda, as for a company that's bringing out a new console in 12 months time, I'd have expected them to try and come up with talking points.

Now though, the only talking point is the lack of effort shown by Nintendo, and that defiantly ISN'T what the company need at the moment.

Nintendo should bring back their Spaceworld show, which they used to hold later in the summer. That's where the juiciest stuff was usually shown, and it was a lot of fun.

I agree Spaceworld would be awesome to bring back. However, I'm also disappointed they'll be showing nothing at E3.

This is nothing short of a suicide. It's not like Nintendo is swimming in calm waters right now, and, in times like this, all they can think of is to show just a single game, which is coming out in next year, at E3? I feel kind of betrayed as a Wii U early adopter. I surely hope these rumors turn out not to be true.
Still, if they are, maybe, and just maybe, they know Zelda U (now that I think about it, we still don't have a damn name for the game) is going to be so revolutionary they don't need anything else, although there's other stuff coming out this year (Paper Mario on top of all). The chances of this happening are ridicously low, though (even as great as Zelda is).

So, putting the pieces together now. There was a direct for that culdcept game in Japan today. Getting Pokemon Sun/Moon reveal on the 10th. Is Nintendo just doing a slow burn on the way to E3? Like, I guess that would be better, but that doesn't generate hype as much. Maybe they think a trickle of surprises is the way to do it? All that does is mean a different small portion of their overall fanbase is happy for a couple days.

You got to have a huge news blowout one day, and a steady stream for two more days is how you generate hype. That way everyone gets talking and excited at the same time, and they don't have a moment to focus on the things they heard that they don't care about. I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

This is nothing short of a suicide. It's not like Nintendo is swimming in calm waters right now, and, in times like this, all they can think of is to show just a single game, which is coming out in next year, at E3? I feel kind of betrayed as a Wii U early adopter. I surely hope these rumors turn out not to be true.
Still, if they are, maybe, and just maybe, they know Zelda U (now that I think about it, we still don't have a damn name for the game) is going to be so revolutionary they don't need anything else, although there's other stuff coming out this year (Paper Mario on top of all). The chances of this happening are ridicously low, though (even as great as Zelda is).

Whatever Nintendo are doing, and no matter how good the Zelda game is, surely it can't be that good that they're willing to pin everything they've got onto it?

People want to see ideas, and get a bit of hype and excitement going, something to talk about, but Nintendo aren't playing ball just yet unfortunately.

Back