Nintendo Online Cost

Lightning_Ninja

Playing
3DS XL
According to Kotaku:

Nintendo exec Tatsumi Kimishima told the Nikkei that the Switch’s enhanced paid online services will cost between 2,000 yen to 3,000 yen (US$17.60 to $26.40) annually. “With paid [services], we will be able to fully commit to customers,” Kimishima added.

It seems likely that the online service will cost $30 or less in the US. I'd personally wager on $30, given that the switch price in japan translates to $265.

At $30, it would be half as expensive as the competition's. Of course the most important question is, "Is it actually good?"

Thoughts?

Ok I got a question.

Now that Nintendo is doing a paid online service, do I need to pay monthly inorder to buy games from the eshop? Do I need to register into this online service inorder to even access eshop?

Ok so you can buy PS4 and XBL games even if you don't register to their main thing?

Yes. Basically what I'm saying is, there would be a huge backlash if Nintendo ever did it the way you worry about.

However, there is something you should still know - with Playstation and XBox, you get a small discount (probably about 10-15%) on certain digital games if you buy their online service and later buy the game while subscribed. It's unknown whether Nintendo will do the same.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back