NNID/Switch Help Request

Cynicallia

From
[..East Coast, USA..]
Playing
NES
I got my Switch on the release night, and it's been a lot of fun. However, I was away from gaming for a few years, so I never had a Wii or DS, and thus, I have never had a NNID. I made my Nintendo Account (and Mii) through my Switch, and it is also asking me to link my NNID, but I can't seem to find any way to do that. I thought that since other gaming devices could be used to create one, my Switch should also, but I suppose that isn't the case. I have no intention of running out and buying a Wii/DS just to complete this step, so, is there any other way?

All of my friends who have those devices have already fused their own identity into them, so there aren't any "blank canvases" for me to experiment with. Someone mentioned that these two account types are now being merged, and that it is no longer necessary to have both, but I don't know if that was from official information or blogger speculation.

As it stands, I can login to nintendo.com, but not id.nintendo.net.

Please use small words. I'm old and senile, and easily confused.

Last edited:
The whole identity thing is extremely annoying. The more articles I read about it on mainstream news sites, the more confusing it gets.

Latest threads

Back