Noisy Ads

grahamf

Playing
Wii U
I'm sorry, but the recent siege of youtube ads with audio has forced me to take you off my adblocker whitelist.

There are ads on here? Always used adblocker no matter the site so I never noticed. Never saw anything like that with my phone.

I think that the op is talking about people embedding youtube videos, and they have ads on them. I never noticed them either but I don't care as much anymore.

@grahamf, where are you seeing ads on here? And are you talking about youtube videos? Maybe you should check out adblocker, it actually works, and if you use it then you'll see because many sites out there will notice it and pop up a message saying how they need you to turn it off so they can make money. It's strange to me because people using it obviously aren't the traffic advertisers want because they don't care about the ads.

I do use adblocker. Since I frequent this site, I added it to my whitelist. But lately I've noticed that there will be a tab playing audio, and it would be on something like the Nintendo 64 forum, not a specific thread.

And there is an ad banner on top, at the time there is an ad advertising YouTube.

This is definitely one of my pet peeves, and it seems to be happening a lot more lately. I get it, and I can see why it makes sense, but it is so frustrating when you have to have the volume all the way up for the video itself, and then the ad comes along and it is as loud as can be and it makes me jump out of my seat. I cannot say that I am too surprised, but still, very annoying. What can you do though. Thanks for sharing.

I think that the op is talking about people embedding youtube videos, and they have ads on them. I never noticed them either but I don't care as much anymore.

@grahamf, where are you seeing ads on here? And are you talking about youtube videos? Maybe you should check out adblocker, it actually works, and if you use it then you'll see because many sites out there will notice it and pop up a message saying how they need you to turn it off so they can make money. It's strange to me because people using it obviously aren't the traffic advertisers want because they don't care about the ads.

I do not really know about you, but I can see ads on the right side and on top of the board, these are not too annoying, but sometimes these pop on the middle of the screen and it really gets annoying when that happens.

@grahamf We don't have any ads that automatically play audio. All ads are currently from Google's AdSense program, which are generally pretty unobtrusive. Sometimes an advertiser creeps in that breaks rules, but Google usually bans those pretty quickly. Are you sure your browser is not hijacked?

Latest threads

Back