Ok; Who Played Friday the 13th?

Thomas Ennis

From
Albuquerque
Playing
Super NES
Do you guys remember Friday the 13th for the NES? I used to play that a lot with my brother and dad. Looking back, I realize what a horrible game it was :blink: I have to agree with the Angry Video Game Nerd on this one.

The action was completely horrible; hard to control, and repetitive. Your character did nothing but walk around in circles, fighting giant snakes until the alarm went off. I admit the 3D battle with Jason was kind of cool, but it was always the same. The map didn't make any sense either. What was I thinking!

Yeah, it's pretty terrible. I regret even playing it. It was sooo bad. I felt bad for my friend who had bought it on a whim from a thrift store.

:lol: To feel bad for someone who bought something at a thrift store is awful! That's basically saying the game was a disappointment for 5 bucks.

Well, yeah. It was pretty much a waste of 5 bucks. Atleast back when it was new he could have returned it. BLEGH.

:D That's true. Back in the days, Nintendo games were expensive too. Several of the ones we owned were 50 or 60 bucks. Compare what you got then for 60 bucks, to a modern PS3 game for 60 bucks; it's scary stuff. I also remember when a Pentium 133 processor was 800 bucks.

I do believe there was a Freddy game. Angry Video Game Nerd did a review on it I think, but I never watched it. There is a good chance it sucks; as most movie games did suck. Goonies is one of the shining exceptions; that game was fun!

i remember being genuinely upset when the kids or counselors would die, but like I'm gonna kill Jason's mother's head with a handful of rocks ya know?

My friends and I tried playing Friday the 13th once. It didn't end well! ;)

In all seriousness though, it wasn't a good game by any measure... but it was hardly the worst NES game to be based upon a movie, horror or otherwise! I would even go so far as to give it points for creativity in its execution and as an adaptation.

&Lich You are probably correct. I remember some terrible NES games; even worse than Friday the 13th. It does not fair well in the annals on Nintendo shame though.

I remember that game, and I hated it! :D
I don't know what it was that made me dislike it, I just couldn't play it for more than 5 minutes without getting bored or annoyed :)

Ha! I found it hilarious. You have to admit it had the scare factor where you are turning through an inconspicuous room and then BAM! there was Jason for some random reason. I recall often running.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back