Perfect Dark

Demon_skeith

Playing
Nintendo 64
Well you guys should be ashamed, I don't see any PD topics here and how can that be?

Anyways, did anyone play this game? I enjoyed it more than goldeneye and I played hours against the sims mode and even longer beating the game on perfect dark.

I enjoyed GoldenEye more because I grew up on it so I guess that's just bias, but Perfect Dark was definitely a very good rival to the game. My favorite aspect were the levels were better designed, purposely made for that type of combat instead of an afterthought (like in Goldeneye)

My favorite thing to do in PVP matches was to stand inside a corner and Fly-By-Wire rocket people down.

Well you guys should be ashamed, I don't see any PD topics here and how can that be?

Anyways, did anyone play this game? I enjoyed it more than goldeneye and I played hours against the sims mode and even longer beating the game on perfect dark.

Completely agree with you!
It's, along with Conker's Bad Fur Day, probably the game I played the most on my N64. I used to spend the early morning hours with the radio on listening to music and giving headshots like nobody's business, even well into the GameCube's lifespan.
Man, those days were awesome!

I bought the remake on the X360, but I'm afraid it's not the same. There was a certain charm to strafing with the C buttons and movement in general that they didn't polish or capture with the two sticks, but I still give it a spin every now and then.

I never even heard they redid it, I guess it's because it never really took off? I would have loved to a see a new-gen take on it but I guess I will stay away from it if it didn't recapture the same type of action.

Perfect Dark was one of those games that I was always planning on purchasing but just didn't. As a huge fan of GoldenEye, I was looking forward to the release of Perfect Dark but near it's release I seemed to have lost interest. A friend of mine bought it and he was raving about how good it was. Went over to his place to play it, just couldn't get into it. Technically it was very impressive for the N64 but didn't do enough for me to go out and buy it.

I never even heard they redid it, I guess it's because it never really took off? I would have loved to a see a new-gen take on it but I guess I will stay away from it if it didn't recapture the same type of action.

Actually, I was talking to a friend about this just last weekend and he asked to see it. We ended up playing the Combat Simulator Challenges for a couple hours and had an absolute blast!
I take it back. I might have had some expectations when I first bought it and binge-playing it for a few days (and playing very little after that), but now, a long while after, I do think it's a very well-made remake (sorry for the redundancy).
If you own a 360, just download the demo and have a look yourself. At best you'll indulge in a revamped classic, at worst you'll have no doubts about whether it's worth it to you!

Thanks! I do have a 360, I will check it out due to your comments. I'll have to see myself.

Rare is releasing it as a collection of classic games for the XBOX ONE. So you might want to check that out. I am excited for that. Classic gaming takes me back to the good old days when life was easier.

Perfect Dark took everything that Goldeneye 007 did and made it better. They even kept the best levels from Goldeneye 007 (Facility) and included it in the game.

It still stands ups to this day. When it was released on Xbox Live Arcade, I jumped on it and was surprised at how easy it was to pick up again. Sure, the controls are a bit dated, but nothing you don't get used to in 10-15 minutes.

Perfect Dark was truly one of the best games for the N64 and in my opinion should be in everyone's gaming collection.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back