Pet Peeves of Gaming

Christina

Playing
3DS
What are your pet peeves while playing games; online, offline, or with friends?
What are the pet peeves of games that makes you not want to buy certain games; length of game?
Any stories of playing that really pushes your peeves to the forefront?

For me I hate playing games that you are suppose to work as a team and one teammate decides to run on ahead of everyone. Yes I done this a few times myself, but I always wait for the team and I usually am taking down enemies on my way through instead of running past them.

I had this one friend who would cheat sitting beside you. We could be playing anything multiplayer--Mario, Just Dance, Super Smash Bros., Tetris, etc. I kid you not... if he started to feel like I was about to get ahead, he would do something physically to cause me to mess up and/or loose. He is what I consider an "all time gamer" (dropped out of college 2 times for WOW) and he refuses to loose. Nothing more annoying than being tickled to death or simply laid on by a 400 lb guy who simply doesn't want you to win.

Otherwise, I can't stand the ones who figure out that one bad-boy technique and spam it to win in a fight. Part of the reason I no longer play games like Street Fighter and Mortal Combat.

Spammers in general make me rage. But I usually beat them down and show them their place. I hate them with a passion. Even when I learned, I didn't spam. There's such a thing as controller schemes,mappings,buttons. Etc.

And I can understand people who do not like to lose. Trust me. Too many of my friends were like that so I felt I needed to let them win sometimes, or purposely throw them a game because they were bad at it. Like a sign of pity. But I do not like going easy. I like going full out.

I hate it when you are playing online and your teammates in another country just disappear. Leaving you alone with a horde of enemies to fight off alone. That really sucks.

I get kind of annoyed when a kid sits down and beats me at a game that I'm actually good at just by mashing buttons. It happens more often than you think.

having to get lucky, like when no skill is involved. Super Mario Galaxy 2, the green star where you just jumped off the side of the planet and hopefully fell into it. You know, like 40 lives later.

Another reason to hate teams and why I only play team deathmatch instead of anything like a control or domination. If control you need to take certain spots to gain points to win and not just try to kill the other team without looking to help take control of those spots....

My biggest pet peeve when I'm playing is when you're playing in a group and then people start to leave. When I would play games online, this would happen all the time. I'm assuming that it's because the people weren't doing well. And it stinks when they would do that because then I would have to play with one other person, and it's hard. Some of the games I play are made for a couple of people to be playing. So, I just hate it when people think they suck at a game they're playing then just up and quit. Like there are people who are counting on you.

Yeah Danielle. That is why I like Splatoon. When you join a match u are not allowed to exit until the match is over. But my biggest pet peeve is exactly what you said Shimus. It makes me NUTS! My brothers do it all the time in Smash Bros. Well, I get so mad I pound them into the dirt (In the game and irl. lol.:D).

One of the reasons I'm an ardent retro gamer is that plenty of modern gaming conventions simply get it wrong. Everything from game installs, long loading times, long story sequences, dlc and padded gameplay sections in order to artificially extend campaigns, drive me up the wall. Most games these days resemble Hollywood productions that are big on spectacle but short on compelling gameplay. I'd rather stick a cart such as Castlevania IV in my SNES and enjoy a true epic game experience.

Yeah Danielle. That is why I like Splatoon. When you join a match u are not allowed to exit until the match is over.

Wow, that is great. I wish that they made more games like that. I mean it's totally not fair to be really into a game and doing well, then to just be left alone. I have always hated when people did that. Haha, I wish that I was able to do it to those people who would always leave. I see it the most of CoD, and I would also hate when the person who was 'running' the online game would quit then we would have to find a new server. That was also the worst. I mean I get that sometimes people do bad in games, but you don't need to just leave.

I get kind of annoyed when a kid sits down and beats me at a game that I'm actually good at just by mashing buttons. It happens more often than you think.

This is EXACTLY my problem and part of my post above you. These "button mashers" or "spammers" just get lucky because you're taking time to plan moves, use skillsets, etc, and they just hit all the buttons and somehow seem to come out with a win almost every time. I guess it's because you can't fight total retard. The retardation is strong!

Back