Phantasy Star Online 2

Smokey

From
NY
Anyone else excited for the western release of this game? I play the japanese version from time to time and have a blast doing so. I really can't wait til they release it to the west. Phantasy Star Online is my favorite MMORPG of all time ever since it's original debut on the Sega Dreamcast in 2000.

Hmm sees like something I would look forward to seeing. I used to love the games on SEGA DreamCast, but I don't know if I feel the same way about it anymore. I guess I'll watch trailers of the western version when it gets released ^^

Well if you've ever played Phantasy Star Universe, PSO2 is kinda like a hybrid between the first PSO (version 2 maybe :p) and Phantasy Star Universe combined. They took the best from both games and included it in PSO2. It's a lot of fun from what I've played of the Japanese version and the fact the PC and PS Vita will be cross-play is even better. :)

I am really excited for this game, as well as a few of my friends. I love how the combat in this game works compared to other games. I hope it comes over to the west soon!

At this point I'm starting to really wonder if it's ever going to make it over here..

Here's my story:

Not only heard of, I played it when it released two years ago in Japan. No translation patches. I managed to my Sega account authorized by using some sites for Japanese ID numbers and using a half broken Babelfish translation. My god it was hard. I enjoyed it immensely though, and the game is fun. It's town based idling (the space station is beautifully rendered), it has gambling machines ( I spent a lot of money on these!) and it has personal living and apartment spaces. Tag on the fact that your character you make can toggle between any class/job at the job desk and it was a very, very fun game. You can also raise pets and feed them.

They eventually ended up kicking out all foreign IPs, so I got the boot. I've been waiting ever since for the port so I could start up again.

Some of those boss fights were legit crazy hard too. This kind of felt like a Megaten game (with how they handled their instancing, anyways) and their stats/raising of pets. Raising them different ways gives different long term attributes.

Spent a lot of time here to just get booted. And do you know how hard it is not being able to read Hiragana and Katakana, only Romaji? Everyone types in symbols, not Romaji. And all menus were in symbol writing too. My good lord, so much google time.

I'd highly recommend this game to anyone, if they can play it. I've never seen a more in-depth character creation screen for ANY MMO. But I toughed it out and I was actually on a base level able to equate some Katakana and Hiragana

It was worth it. I'd reinvest all my time back into it.

Sega is also very bad with ports. Notorious you may even say. So we may not ever see it. I keep hoping though, like a rainbow and a pot of gold. IT can't happen if you believe.

Well, according to many hardcore fans within the Sega community it's looking highly unlikely that Phantasy Star Online 2 will have a western release. Part of the reason is because Sega of America have already announced that they will focus on PC and mobile titles only. There have also been a lot of layoffs at SoA, that doesn't quite instill confidence that they will ever focus on Phantasy Star Online 2. Generally, MMORPGs are a very risk endeavor these days even though PSO 2 seems to be doing quite well in the Asian market.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back