Pokemon: How do you feel about Fairy types?

2MooglesGaming

Website
www.youtube.com
Playing
Super NES
Do you think that adding Fairy in Gen VI brought more balance to the game? What are your favorite Fairy type Pokemon?

My gf and I made a video about Fairy types over on our YouTube channel, feel free to watch :)

Your video's definitely has a level of its own when it comes to humor! First of all, although I think Fairy Types are adorable and worth putting into the Pokemon mix, I dislike the fact that most original "NORMAL" Pokemon have been switched to Fairy. One thing I do complement on Season 1/First Generation is that most of them had one type to them. As the seasons and generations progressed, each Pokemon had more than one type affiliated with them and that "uniqueness" stumbled.

As for my favorite Fairy Type Pokemon, I have to say that it would be Sylveon. There's something about this Pokemon that stands out from the others. Perhaps the fact that it's more 2D? I have no idea. It does look more like how the first generation of Pokemon looked in anime prior to the 3D/shading that occur later on.

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed our humor :p Yeah, we know what you mean about the switch of Normal types to Fairy. Fairy does bring in some good balance to the game, but not every Normal type is suited for Fairy. And we see what you mean about uniqueness.

As for Sylveon, we absolutely agree that it's like the Gen 1 Pokemon. It's whole design feels really familiar and fun. Some of the newer designs can come off as a bit of a stretch.

YES! I think that's exactly it. It does feel like a Generation 1 Pokemon which is why it kind of feels out of place in terms of how it's drawn in both the anime and the games. It makes me wonder if Sylveon was created during the natural three (Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon) and was to be a "normal" type when they realized they had Eevee for that. Could be the reason why they swtiched a lot of normal Pokemon to Fairy in the first place. It was perhaps their plan all along!
*Tries hard to find conspiracies related to Fairies* Haha!

XD It's totally a Fairy pokeconspiracy! They were planning this the whole time, and just hiding Sylveon from us! :p

It is interesting how many of the Fairy types were switched from Normal. Does seem like they were thinking about Fairy types early on.

I honestly really enjoy the new fairy type. Since it was announced, I thought it would be a very fun and whimsical addition to the game. I also really enjoy the fact that they not only added cute fairy Pokemon, but decided to add or change current Pokemon to fairy types. Many of the Pokemon in my competitive parties are fairy types, and my all time favorite Pokemon, Altaria, is now fairy type with its mega evolution. All in all, I really do enjoy the fairy type, and I can't wait to see what new Pokemon will be added to upcoming generations.

I feel like they're just milking Pokemon at this point with Fairy-types. Fairy-type Pokemon are just... I don't mind they tossed another type into the mix but to me, Fairy-types are Normal-type Pokemon. They just reclassified them into another type. Also I heartily disagree with the whole "Fairy-type Pokemon are stronger than Dragon-type Pokemon" thing. It's kind of like that thing where elephants are afraid of mice. Dragons are supposed to be extreme powerhouses, why would the damage from a Fairy-type attack be super-effective against them?

Anyway, I just feel like the addition of Fairy-type Pokemon was not needed in these games. I appreciate the thought they're trying to add new types but with most Pokemon being a secondary Fairy-type instead of a main type, it's really not that big of a game changer.

I still want Hoopa though. Dear jeezus his unleashed form is something to behold.

I really do enjoy the fairy type, and I can't wait to see what new Pokemon will be added to upcoming generations.

Yeah, Fairy Type does bring some interesting stuff to the table, and a lot of great competitive Pokemon are now fairy type, too. It definitely makes us interested to see what new things get added in future games. :)

I heartily disagree with the whole "Fairy-type Pokemon are stronger than Dragon-type Pokemon" thing. It's kind of like that thing where elephants are afraid of mice. Dragons are supposed to be extreme powerhouses, why would the damage from a Fairy-type attack be super-effective against them?

I still want Hoopa though. Dear jeezus his unleashed form is something to behold.

Yeah, Dragon types did need something to balance them, but they really haven't explained why Fairy types specifically damage them. Some of the switches from Normal type make sense, like Clefairy, but I see what you mean about a few of the others.

And for reals!! Hoopa's unleashed form is insane! XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back