Powerglove

CemeteryGates23

From
Mexico City
Playing
Wii U
I'm not sure if anyone else here is into heavy metal, but if by chance you are, be sure to check out these guys!
I've been following them for years. They play amazing metal versions of tons of video-game music (lots of classics).

Anyway, have a listen for yourself!:

They named themselves after the worst Nintendo invention of all time. That's never a good sign. I'll give them a listen though just because I'm curious.:D

Hahaha, I think the idea behind the name was the kitsch, nothing more. They're actually pretty astonishing musicians and awesome dudes all around. Definitely recommended!

Yes, there a lot of musicians and bands naming themselves after old consoles, accessories, games or game characters. I'm not really into heavy metal, but I do enjoy metal covers of classic game tracks. I listen to a lot of chiptunes, synthwave and vaporwave these days, all these genres are electronic and borrow from the past.

By the way, there's a synthwave duo called Power Glove, they produced the soundtrack for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Here's another sample of their work:

Thanks for sharing! I do like some synthpop (not the same, but somewhat related) and it was a good listen. I have yet to play Blood Dragon, but I'm loving those Far Cry games! And they usually have pretty well-done music selections. :)

Ah! I remember listening to Powerglove - Inspector Gadget like 3 years ago! In fact, I believe I still have the song along with a couple others from that band.. but anyways, I totally agree. This band is very talented!

That Inspector Gadget song:

Latest threads

Back