Problem with SNES game (Super Street Fighter II)

chetmanley

Playing
Famicom
Hey there everone!

I'm new here, need some help.

Right, I bought Super Street Fighter II, firstly it did not start to work at all, after first round of cleaning the picture popped up, but it was blue, so I cleaned it again. After second cleaning it worked perfectly, until after an hour, the game just like disconnects itself and starts to do it like after every 5 minutes. I have a video also: (check 4:06 and 11:53).
The console is in perfect condition, just cleaned it completly a week ago, the other games work perfectly as many hours I can handle.
What might be the problem?

Unfortunatley there is no battery at all.

I saw a posting with video about a "save-battery" to replace inside the game itself. Not sure if it will help, but it may?

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/pictures-how-to-replace-an-snes-cartridge-save-game-battery

Let me know if it does or doesn't so I can help ya find out. I want to know personally in case it happens to any of my own.
Hey there everone!

I'm new here, need some help.

Right, I bought Super Street Fighter II, firstly it did not start to work at all, after first round of cleaning the picture popped up, but it was blue, so I cleaned it again. After second cleaning it worked perfectly, until after an hour, the game just like disconnects itself and starts to do it like after every 5 minutes. I have a video also: (check 4:06 and 11:53).
The console is in perfect condition, just cleaned it completly a week ago, the other games work perfectly as many hours I can handle.
What might be the problem?

That doesn't sound right? All of the SNES games are supposed to have a little round battery inside the cartridge itself to save your game. Yours doesn't have one?

11015183_818939918141599_1605628695_n.jpg

Inside of the game.

Oh... That is a Famicom SNES right?

Last edited:
Ya... sorry. I know nothing about that version, but it doesn't mean I won't try to help you find out =^.^=

Even though it doesn't have the battery in it (or if it does, not sure which component it is), there has got to be a component on it somewhere that needs to be replaced or adjusted. It almost seems like the game itself is overheating or something? Or better yet, could one of the bridges burnt up? Like I said, I don't know anything about that type, but looking at the picture, everything looks good to me. I am looking into it though, so maybe I will find something.

Wish I could be of more help!

Is it possible you can take another picture? I'd like to see the other side of the chip if you can.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back