Project Darkma Changes

Shane

From
Illinois
As a last-minute change, I am making the Project Darkma game a Minigame based party game, instead of a Minigame based card game. There are some advantages to this:

-Multiplayer support over the original ideas
-Less trying to figure out how to make the right difficulty for a random-based card game. Since it's no longer a random-based card game.
-The potential for more opportunities for Minigames.

There are also some downsides:

-The game may be less story based overall. It's hard to implement a good story in a multiplayer party game.
-Because the game is now multiplayer, it needs greater bug testing than before I feel. Maybe.

Additional details:

Project Darkma will be a dark party game for teenagers and adults. It will use a 2D game engine with an overhead view, for quicker prototyping, however I will commission some of the best pixel artists, for some pretty killer, high resolution pixel art. I feel it's easier to make a 2D game look sinister than a 3D game, on a technical level, but that's just me.

Approximately 40+ minigames and 5+ boards in all?

4 or more players

Please be patient while I update/edit my other threads on the Project Darkma game to reflect these changes. It may take a bit. But I also want to see people's thoughts on this change.

Edit: This sounds like the changes being made to Vigilante, kind of. I swear I'm not copying you, Jack. :)

Nah, it really isn't. A lot of people change content for their games, so it is not uncommon for people to make changes. Also, how seeing how it is a party game... I don't know how it might work out, but hope you can figure out a solution.

Much like Sonic Shuffle, it won't be hugely different from Mario Party. Just a different engine, different look, different feel, etc, etc, giving the players choice.

I updated all of my Project Darkma threads by the way, most of them with just tweaks to the wording.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Back