PS4 Announcements

Dreek Lass

So, we all know that the Sony PS4 is on the horizon, and that there has been quite a bit of information released about the console so far. What features are you most looking forward to, and which features do you think will affect the console's success?

The deal breaker for me is if there's no backwards compatibility. I have over 70 PS3 titles and I was pissed when Sony pulled the plug in PS2 games support on the PS3, caused me to sell my PS2 collection due to not owning a PS2 anymore. I don't wanna have to hold onto a PS3 just to play PS3 games. I don't want 20 consoles hooked up to my TV when I can have 2 or 3.... I don't care how cheap the PS4 launches at, if it doesn't have any backwards compatibility, they won't be getting a sale from me. On top of that, if this Gaikai service costs an arm and a leg for their 'game streaming' and doesn't offer a good enough library that gets regularly updated, they won't be getting my money and I'll be going strictly PC next gen. :)

Everything that you aid is very true. It seems like you don't like any of the new features of the PS4. I did hear a rumor that the PS4 would be somewhere around the £350 range for people in the UK, and with the economy, i don't think that lot of people are going to be able to afford such a price, so I'm hoping that the rumor about the price is untrue.

I can't wait to see what the graphics are going to be like. I remember being so impressed with even the graphics of the PS2, and then wowed with the graphic capability of the PS3, and now I'm waiting to see what the PS4 has to offer.

I don't think the PS4 graphics will be that much greater then the PS3. At least not for another 2 years or so. Developers would need time to truly unlock the PS4's graphical potential and use up all 8GB of memory on the system, etc. So I think right now you'll see a difference in graphics but not a major leap like PS2 to PS3.

From what I could tell from the recent announcements, I think they are working a lot more on the networking capabilities of the new Sony online playing experience and I think that is a good way to go about it. Online networks are only going to get more and more refined and integrated in the future and I think Sony and game developers recognize that. I just wish they would focus a bit more on integrating all their products so it would be more sensible to purchase a Vita.

Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 are rumored to be PS4 exclusives. That will definately sway me if those rumors are true. Backwards compatibility is a big deal to me too. I'v heard about being able to play old system games through cloud gaming or something but I do not want to pay for games that I've already paid for again. As for the system's success I think system exclusive games will be key for it. That was one thing the PS2 had that PS3 lacked. There weren't a lot of games that I wanted that I could only play on the PS3.

Latest threads

Back