R.I.P. Tom Clancy

Lawnachaun

From
California
Playing
Wii U
http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/02/author-and-red-storm-entertainment-co-founder-tom-clancy-has-passed-away/

Tom Clancy: author and Red Storm Entertainment co-founder passes away at age 66

Author and co-founder of game development studio Red Storm Entertainment, Tom Clancy, passed away today in a Baltimore hospital at age 66.

bHSzdIv.png

Clancy wrote espionage and military science novels and co-founded the game stufio Red Storm Entertainment in 1996 before publisher Ubisoft Entertainment purchased it for undisclosed sum.

Game franchises developed based on his intellectual properties include: Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, EndWar, H.A.W.X and the upcoming 2014 online shooter Tom Clancy’s The Division.

The latest game to be released based on Clancy’s properties was Splinter Cell: Blacklist which released in August.

Tom Clancy has passed away. He was 66 years old. From what I've been reading, it seems that he's died of an illness, while in a hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.

Tom Clancy has written lots of novels, which a lot have been turned into movies. And, he has his name on a bunch of different video games, as well.

Here is a list of some his novels that have been turned into movies over the years:
The Hunt for Red October
Patriot Games
Clear and Present Danger
OP Center
NetForce
The Sum of All Fears
Without Remorse
Jack Ryan - Release Date: December 25, 2013
Splinter Cell - still in development

And here is a list of some of the video games with his name brand on them:
Rainbow Six - 18 titles
Ghost Recon - 13 titles
Splinter Cell - 7 titles
EndWar - 2 titles
H.A.W.X. - 2 titles
The Division - 1 title

Tom Clancy co-founded 'Red Storm Entertainment' as well. Here is a list of the games that they have made:
Politika
Dominant Species
ruthless.com
Rainbow Six
Force 21
Bang! Gunship Elite
Shadow Watch
Freedom: First Resistance
Ghost Recon
The Sum of All Fears
Far Cry 3
Aironaughts
America's Army

I'm sure that there is more that I'm missing, in either of the categories. Plus, there are tons and tons of books that he has written that were never turned into movies or video games. But I'll leave those off, since that list could get long. At any rate...

R.I.P. Tom Clancy

This news probably made every tech blog this week. Tom Clancy has had a quite an influence on video games. Sorry to see him go early.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U1evUMBmHl0

Here is a video tribute to Tom Clancy, by Gamespot.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back