Rail Shooter games for Wii

JoanMcWench

Playing
NES
What was the best Wii rail shooter? I thought the controls and the system perfectly suited rail shooters. Trouble is there were a lot of baloney titles.

I have to say one of my favourites, which wasn't REALLY a game at all, had to be Link's Crossbow Training. The game was highly entertaining and I loved the crossbow itself. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is a close second.

The only rail shooter that I think I really enjoyed and had the most fun playing was House Of The Dead: Overkill. The game doesn't have anything that I think is necessarily new when it comes to a rail shooter but it was a lot of fun to play and somehow I found it to be funny at the same time. The only problem that I think I had with the game is how short it is but other than that I think it was a lot of fun and to me I rate it one of the best rail shooters that I had ever played.

The Resident Evil rail shooters are actually really good as far as rail shooters go. I still put in the Umbrella Chronicles sometimes, cool bosses and great graphics.

Resident Evil was really fun but honestly one of the best in my opinion was Attack of the Movies 3-D. It sounds bad but it was actually really cool and fun. The levels were very unique and the bosses were all special and had different abilities in one way or another.

The two Resident Evil ones were quite good, although they sort of messed up the lore of their own series somewhat. But we can ignore that. Sin and Punishment was quite good, although it only had some areas of rail shooting if I remember right.

Wick99 said:
Attack of the Movies 3-D. It sounds bad but it was actually really cool and fun. The levels were very unique and the bosses were all special and had different abilities in one way or another.

Really interesting. I was completely unaware of this title. Pretty cheap on eBay. I might pick it up. Thanks.

As far as Resident Evil goes? I was not a huge fan of the second Resident Evil rail installation. Something was missing that I could not put a finger on but I don't feel it was a step up from Umbrella Chronicles. More so a step down.

The Wii had several excellent rail shooters. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor is technically a rail shooter, just combined with some elements from the Cabal & Contra games. The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return which are ported from the Dreamcast are essential and so is House of the Dead: Overkill. Then there's also Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns Arcade Hits Pack by Sega which are arcade perfect ports of the original games. Last but not least are Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles & Darkside Chronicles. I loved the graphics and atmosphere but was not impressed by the pacing.

Latest threads

Back