So of course there’s a Mario Kart 8

Esperahol

It seems to be more similar than different from the other 1700, but there are more extreme tracks and sidetracks which require the usage of a magnetic mechanic. What I really want to learn about is the possible new weapons and how many tracks there are in the game. I suppose we’ll know soon enough – this is supposed to come out in the spring. I can't say that I'm going to snap this up (especially because of Bayonetta 2), but something tells me this is going on my Kid Brother's wishlist right now.

It's antigravity not magnetism. I think the game looks extraordinarily fun and hectic. I also looks like the karts move faster and smoother, which will make it a lot more fun! . It also runs at 1080p 60FPs, so that kicks the crap out of PS360 games. I think it will be a day one buy for me :) They are also talking up it online, which Nintendo never does, so I'm pumped about that!

I think that Nintendo games should be taken with a pinch of salt. Just because a new game is coming out, it doesn't mean that you desperately need to buy it. Rather it's the opportunity for you to get that game on the latest console. So if you already have a Wii, chances are that you don't need Mario Kart 8 because you have the Wii version. But if you don't have a Wii but you do have a Wii then it's just a way for you to pick up that game at that time.

The game looks very interesting! I heard there will be an online mode, correct me if I am wrong. But if there is going to be an online mode, I am going to be so happy because finally nintendo approach that idea. This version of Mario Kart looks better but I do not know if I will have th money to afford it when it get released.

The last 3 Mario karts have all had online modes, it would be safe to assume this one will too.

BanjoKazooie said:
It's antigravity not magnetism. I think the game looks extraordinarily fun and hectic. I also looks like the karts move faster and smoother, which will make it a lot more fun! . It also runs at 1080p 60FPs, so that kicks the crap out of PS360 games. I think it will be a day one buy for me :) They are also talking up it online, which Nintendo never does, so I'm pumped about that!
My source said magnetism and they have actually had hands on experience with the game as well as the people making the game... so yeah. That said Nintendo has had some limited online with several games, but nice to see you so excited.

All I want is Fawful finally playable. He is the perfect rep for the Mario RPGs which have not gotten a rep yet, with 3 appearances (excellent for an RPG character who normally would be a one-off character) and a huge fanbase. Please Nintendo, stop adding crap like Honey Queen and add an awesome character like Fawful!
apQvlmK.png

fawfulthegreat64 said:
Please Nintendo, stop adding crap like Honey Queen
She was in Mario Kart? That's really sad.

Yes, Honey Queen was in Mario Kart 7, along with Metal Mario (who was OK but a really lazy choice as it's only a reskin). They even picked those characters while leaving out Waluigi! At least most of the essentials are already confirmed for this one, and no doubt the rest are shoe-ins, but I am hoping Fawful or an equally awesome RPG character like Dimentio gets in. It's really about time.

The flip is a Fawful? is what I think most people would think. It would just seem really weird and out of left field. So Nintendo has just not bothered with this. That said Honey Queen is also kind of a lame choice so... I guess they should go a head with this.

I am probably going to let it be and not get the new Mario Kart games. I have the one on the Wii, and really that's enough for now. I might even end up selling it. It was a great game a few years back when my friends were round my house all the time and we would spend a day on it just having one hell of a good time. But now, even playing it on a huge screen, the multiplayer screens just feel too small and nowadays if it's more than two players I find it hard to see what is going on.

Honestly, my only complaint about this news is that they went with the rather boring Mario Kart 8. Yes, we get it. This is the eighth game in the series, if we don't count the arcade games, which no one really does because they either don't know about them, or didn't get to play them. But come on guys, give it an original name at least.

Latest threads

Back