Strange Games

Miss Peach

I rented a strange NES game when I was little and hope that someone can name it for me. The game involved you playing one kid, that you pick from a group. I think one of your friends is lost or kidnapped and you are trying to find them in a creepy house. I remember you could pick objects and decide how to use them. It was very strange for a video game! I was also wondering if anyone else played some strange, never heard of NES games?

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Maniac Mansion, a LucasArts adventure game that was succeeded by the much more popular Day of the Tentacle. I played it a long time ago, but could never really get into it. Adventure game logic frustrates me way too easily. One NES game I liked but never hear discussed is titled something like Book of Five Rings or Legend of Five Rings or Legend of Musashi. It plays identical to the original Dragon Warrior, but you play the role of Miyamoto Musashi as he goes on a mythical quest to finish his book or something. At some point, you get a magical tanuki companion.

I DECLARE THIS FORUM... NECRO-BUMPED!!!!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back