Stranger Things

dustinb12

Staff member
From
Lafayette, LA
Playing
Switch
oh come on, i can't be the only one obsessed with this show?

I got an email from Netflix expressing my interest in it and on a slow weekend i put it on thinking we were going to nap to it. Wrong. Me, the wife and daughter watched the whole series almost in one sitting.

If you don't know the story yet, its basically every 80's horror story wrapped in one show, done with excellence. The gang of kids, psychic girl, secret government base.

I started this thread hoping to kickoff some serious discussions on everything from quaint little product placement to "justice for Barb!" Long live the 80's.

Huh. I have heard of it just recently, and a friend of ours said that we should watch it. Ever since then I have been seeing this show everywhere! XD I haven't tried it yet, though.

I really enjoy the idea of the show, but people really freaked me out with the word "alien." I cannot stand aliens. I love horror movies, but anything involving aliens freaks me out big time. A few people have mentioned to me that the show doesn't actually involve aliens and after watching it, you discover that it's much more than that. I would love to give it a try, but that has been the only thing holding me back.

I love old 80s horror movies, so that makes it super appealing. Does the story focus on the group of kids?

Best new show out now. It takes place in the year I was born and I have a real fondness for the 80s and how they nailed the time period and movies from that era. I know anyone can enjoy it but only 70s/80s born kids can truly appreciate every little detail. The title screen look. The sound track. The clothes the hair. This show is The Goonies,ET,Stephen King and a dash of Silent Hill mixed in one.

I really enjoy the idea of the show, but people really freaked me out with the word "alien." I cannot stand aliens. I love horror movies, but anything involving aliens freaks me out big time. A few people have mentioned to me that the show doesn't actually involve aliens and after watching it, you discover that it's much more than that. I would love to give it a try, but that has been the only thing holding me back.

I love old 80s horror movies, so that makes it super appealing. Does the story focus on the group of kids?

yes, the group of best friends is the driving factor of many driving factors (Stand By Me in a way). I understand if you are uncomfortable with aliens but i will say I'm on my 3rd run and I'm still not sure if thats what it is. It sure looks like one, fair warning.

@Segata for some reason, i see some Halloween 3: Season of the Witch in it. Dr Brenner reminds of Connell Cochran, the old man in it running some evil secret organization. And yes the music is perfect. They even through in some country songs! HA!

PS: for the younger viewers, there are a few slightly inappropriate scenes, it is 80's horror so beware!

I actually started watching it not too long ago but I must say that I am lost. I really had no idea what was going on from the very start, though, so I think that I did myself a disservice there. I had it on as a sort of background noise at first, then I got intrigued a little bi and wished I had payed more attention at the beginning. Might have to go back and watch, though, so thanks for sharing.

I only watched a couple of chapters some days ago when I had some spare time, I really was bored and gave it a shot. Let me tell you that it's a great series and seems like it will get better with the pass of the time, we only have to stay tuned and see what happens. I highly recommend it to anybody.

@Casiox yup. I'm trying to recommend it to people without over doing it. I know when people beg me to watch certain shows, it makes me hate them or not even try. But this is ridiculous. I could watch it every night over and over. It's the cast: they are perfect. Dustin, which happens to be my name, IS me from that time in my life. It's nuts how well the characters are developed and just flow together.

@dustinb12 It's good to know that you're actually getting identified wit hthe characters, that's the best part of watching something you really like. I understand when you talk about recommending it, 3 of 10 people that we recommend stuff to try what we recommend to them, the rest just don't care at all.

Alright gang, I'm bringing this thread up from the depths of the Upside Down. What did everyone think of season 2? Am i the only one here that has watched it 3 times? Starting my 4th? Sad, i know, but i was on vacation.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back