The best Wii U game of 2014

2MooglesGaming

Website
www.youtube.com
Playing
Super NES
This year saw a lot of amazing games released on the Wii U, so what do you think are the best?

Over on our YouTube channel, we just finished up our list of the best games of the year, and we realized that a lot of them were Wii U exclusives.

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited:
I would say mario kart 8, it is such a good racer and easily the best one since mk 64 maybe even since super mk.
Playing vs race without weapons or cpu gets such intense competition!
However now playing dk tropical freeze, that may well be a contender now. Such a good platformer, shows platformers aren't old or gone!

this is a tough one, because the few games we have are of course, exceptionally polished. If i go by time played, its Hyrule Warriors, but SSBWiiU is coming on strong. Mk8 is a blast also

I would say mario kart 8, it is such a good racer and easily the best one since mk 64 maybe even since super mk.
Playing vs race without weapons or cpu gets such intense competition!
However now playing dk tropical freeze, that may well be a contender now. Such a good platformer, shows platformers aren't old or gone!

Yeah, MK8 is fantastic! Before this, I loved the Original and Mario Kart Wii, but 8 has made it all so wonderful.

Tropical Freeze was pretty surprising. It's great to see DK back in a game that's got the signature challenging gameplay, but is still a lot of fun.

this is a tough one, because the few games we have are of course, exceptionally polished. If i go by time played, its Hyrule Warriors, but SSBWiiU is coming on strong. Mk8 is a blast also

I completely agree. Though there still aren't a whole lot of Wii U games, the production value is top notch. SSB and Mario Kart are just the kind of games that you literally can't stop playing lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario Kart 8 and Smash U. Those are basically the reasons that I bought the Wii U in September.

Smash U was the best wii u game this year. The gameplay was fantastic and the port over to the wii u was phenomenal.

Mario Kart 8 and Smash U. Those are basically the reasons that I bought the Wii U in September.

Yeah, those games definitely pushed a lot of people to finally pick up a Wii U. Even though Nintendo has been struggling with third party games for a while, the flagship games like that are always amazing and always bring new people in.

Smash U was the best wii u game this year. The gameplay was fantastic and the port over to the wii u was phenomenal.

Seriously, Smash Bros U is just such a great example of how to refine a game instead of trying to reinvent it every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hands down I think that I will say that Mario Kart 8 has been the best game that I have had the chance to play on the console.

I don't know about the original post of the thread (age wise) but the games in (2015) I'm looking forward to is the new Zelda, of course. Ever since E3

Easily has been Hyrule Warriors for me, and then a close 3 way tie with smash bros, mario kart 8 & donkey kong

For me it was Tropical Freeze easily. I've never been that hyped about a console game before, such a great experience. I've only played through it once at a friends house though, since I'm waiting/hoping for a 3DS release.

I haven't played on my Wii u NEARLY enough to make this decision, but the best game I played so far was SSBU which I don't even own...

I would say that I think that they did a really good job with the Smash Bros release. That game has been the most fun that I have had on the console after Mario Kart 8.

There was Bayonetta 2 which was a sequel to the first game but more of a prequel as it sets events up for the first game which was kind of strange and was well written and done properly. It was a game which involved using special moves and could have wings and fly playing a female women which was good to see and nicely made and enjoyable to play. She is a witch and is fighting the corrupt angels who are wanting to rule earth and make all humans submit to them and she and her friend are the only ones who can fight them with their weapons.

I'd have to say Lego City Undercover.It has a lot of creativity and plenty of replay value.It's a shame it has no co-op mode, but other than that it's a solid game.

It was a tie between MK 8 and Smash bros for many, both awesome games that gave the Wii U much needed life. I never played MK 8 but I'm all for Smash bros as the best game out there.

2014 was a excellent year for the Wii U but id have to go with Mario Kart 8. You can really tell they put alot of effort into the game and have assured they will continue to do so.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back