The next video game I make

Shane

From
Illinois
Many things have been undecided about the next video game I make. I know that it will be on PC. I'm not going to pay $3000 for a Wii U dev kit, sorry.

I have not decided what tools I will use. Possible choices:
Unreal Engine 4
Scirra Construct 2
RPG Maker MV

I have not decided whether to go with something lighthearted, like a cartoon bat that fights evil, or a dark, perplexing storyline like this one I wrote: http://www.nintendoforums.com/threads/erics-bad-day.2257/

I do know that the game will have only 1 page of story. I want to focus on the gameplay mechanics most.

Also, I do not know what genre my video game will be yet.

I will fund the game out of my own pocket, and I do not have an official title.

Discuss! (Haha, I'm so evil)

Update: I'm doing a Dungeon Crawler

Last edited:
unreal engine? That is the same thing I am using for my game ^_^. But I have to ask you one thing, how do I increase the framerate of the game with epic settings? My framerate drops drastically whenever I use epic settings.

I haven't used Unreal Engine much yet. Some beginner advice:

-- Keep polygon count well below 40k a character. Polygon count is everything, but anything below 3k, you can tend to add more polygons without a performance hit

-- Keep each model to a single draw call

-- Make things CPU rather than GPU limited

-- If you are making a 2D game with sprites, or even a 3D game, know that a certain amount of performance gets burned up just displaying the screen. LOL. So your framerate could be only 300FPS with absolutely nothing there

-- Make a low-poly and high-poly model. Use the low-poly model for the game, burn the high-poly on through a Normal Mapping texture. This is called Normal Mapping. Saves a lot of performance.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back