Thinking of making a second website about Playstation

GamePayne

Playing
NES
I'm was thinking that this will be a good idea. I need to make money from selling ads on my new site to. But I hope I have the time to design it.

There's obviously nothing to stop you making a website, but gaming and technology is one of the most saturated genres on the internet don't forget, so if you are only setting it up to make money then you're going to be up against a lot of competition.

Competition of course isn't something to be scared of though, and if you think you have something to offer that other forums and sites don't, then my advice is go for it. Just don't expect it to make you a millionaire overnight as a forum needs time to become successful and grow, as I'm sure you already know.

I'm not expecting to be a millionaire overnight. Just some extra money to pay bills and keep food on the table and a roof over my head.

Well it's entirely up to you, but it may be a little tricky.
I came here because it's effectively the ONLY Nintendo general forum out there, however there is Playstation Universe, PlaystationAge, and even the official Playstation forums. It will be tricky standing out when comparing to forums with established communities.

I'm not making Forums. I will be working on a website. I already own the website NintendoTech.com And I have been working on it for over 13 years.

Last edited:
Well it's entirely up to you, but it may be a little tricky.
I came here because it's effectively the ONLY Nintendo general forum out there, however there is Playstation Universe, PlaystationAge, and even the official Playstation forums. It will be tricky standing out when comparing to forums with established communities.
And Sonygaf otherwise known as Neogaf. It's essentially a Sony Pony site. So is N4G.

@NintendoTech no offence intended, but if you've been working on a site for 13 years, but still need to startup a new site to make a bit of money and pay a few bills then you might be better off just concentrating on the site you've already got and spend money on promoting that rather than a brand new one?

I have ads from google/Amazon and other companies that have ads on my site. By designing another site will bring more advertisers over to both sites. that means more visitors for both sites and more promotion for the both. When I make a website. I want it different then all the other sites. Not just the same kind of site that others have. I'm like Apple. Think Different. But I'm not an A-hole like Steve Jobs. lol

It might help to just remind members to turn off adblock.

I'm not expecting to be a millionaire overnight. Just some extra money to pay bills and keep food on the table and a roof over my head.
I say good luck. There is nothing wrong with working harder, and nothing more motivating than bills.

I wish I had the kind of skills to do what you do. Wouldn't know where to even start. Painting aircraft is making an old man o' me quick.

I have ads from google/Amazon and other companies that have ads on my site. By designing another site will bring more advertisers over to both sites. that means more visitors for both sites and more promotion for the both. When I make a website. I want it different then all the other sites. Not just the same kind of site that others have. I'm like Apple. Think Different. But I'm not an A-hole like Steve Jobs. lol

The advertisers only come though when you've proved you've got the target audience and they visit on a daily basis. As I'm sure all too well aware, it takes time to build up a following on a website and while of course I wish you all the luck with it also, the gaming market IS saturated with many different sites, some good and some not so good and attracting the amount of hits you need to then attract the amount of advertising you need to make a profit can be difficult.

Latest threads

Back