Underrated Nintendo 64 games?

aerieth

What are some underrated / lesser known Nintendo 64 games that you personally enjoy? For me, the game Mischief Makers was a gem worth nothing. The controls and story seem a bit awkward at first but once you get into it, it's a blast! Definetely one of my favorite games on the system and one of the most underappreciated games of all time, in my view.

What about you? Are there any Nintendo 64 games you enjoy that most people don't seem to give any love?

I've never seen anybody mention the Toy Story 2 and the A Bug's Life games. Those were some glourious adventure rpgs.

I like Mischief Makers too. Also, Pokemon Snap and Hey You, Pikachu! are awesome!

I don't know it is "underrated", but it is controversial. Many people hated it and called it the worst game ever, while other people like me and my brother, loved the game every minute we played. I am talking about the wonderful "Yoshi´s adventure". It is a colourful platform game featuring one of my favourite Nintendo heroes, Yoshi!

Many of the complaints where about the game having to childish graphics and music, but I completely disagree. It is a wonderful game and one of my dearest childhood memories.

I give a second on Hey, You! Pikachu! It involved plentiful screaming, frustration, and downright anger sometimes, but I really enjoyed it overall. As a kid, and still infatuated with the series, it was pretty much like having the real thing.

I'd say Pilotwings, the atmosphere in that game is just so relaxing and awesome.
The gameplay is also ok, and having the chance to fly freely in the air at the time was really awesome.

Definetely Pokémon Snap, I understand now that it wasn't too popular because many kids didn't like it, claiming that it 'lacked action' but if you loved Pokémon, this game was one of the best for the N64.

I would have to say Pokemon snap too, I really loved that game, it was so much fun and had quite a bit to it. I don't know if Pokemon stadium was underrated but I didn't know anyone else who played it back then.

But something I really think is underrated, Beetle Adventure racing! I seriously loved that game back then.

Bomberman 64 Arcade Edition! U.S. and Europe got screwed by getting crappy 3D Bomberman games while the Japanese got the real deal.

This game was one of the main reasons I had to mod my N64.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSD5GHX0kcU[/youtube]

Hertihej said:
I don't know it is "underrated", but it is controversial. Many people hated it and called it the worst game ever, while other people like me and my brother, loved the game every minute we played. I am talking about the wonderful "Yoshi´s adventure". It is a colourful platform game featuring one of my favourite Nintendo heroes, Yoshi!

Many of the complaints where about the game having to childish graphics and music, but I completely disagree. It is a wonderful game and one of my dearest childhood memories.
You took the words right out of my mouth! I also loved how different colored Yoshi's were different lives. My sister and I would go back and forth playing this game for hours. Her turns were a lot longer than mine though. She was wicked at that game!

Edit: Whoops, sorry. I was thinking of Yoshi's Story!

Does anybody else remember the game Jet Force Gemini? I don't remember much about the game except that I loved it (I'm sure it wasn't anything particularly special). You played as either a male space commander, female partner, or his dog. You were trying to liberate a Koala planet or something from some invading bugs that were trying to enslave them. I don't remember it being very popular, but for some reason, it came to mind when I visited this thread.

I remember hearing about Hey You Pikachu when it came out, but I never played it. I still hear it referenced all the time, though. I don't think I ever played Pokemon Snap but I saw the commercials for it all the time when I was a kid.

Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Snap were two of my favorite Gamecube games. Then again I knew all the secrets for Snap, and Stadium was completely awesome. The best part was when the bad guy was finally revealed. I mean - I don't know why nobody liked these games so well.

GGovan said:
I'd say Pilotwings, the atmosphere in that game is just so relaxing and awesome.
The gameplay is also ok, and having the chance to fly freely in the air at the time was really awesome.
YES!
Pilot wings was actually an amazingly fun and immersive game.
It was also very challenging.
Its one of those games you play by yourself when you've got a nice quiet and free house just chilling and taking your time to just fly around and enjoy the tranquility and freedom of flying.
Some of the challenges were really hard to complete though.

Pandora 64, racing those ships and fighting like Star Fox, but more gritty graphics, cool ships, and mind boggling levels for PVP. Many a fun day was had!

Latest threads

Back