Video Game Movies coming out in the next few years.

Playing
Nintendo 2DS
Heavenly Sword June 2014
Untitled sixth Resident Evil film September 12, 2014
Agent 47 TBC
Assassin's Creed August 7, 2015
Ratchet and Clank 2015
Warcraft March 11, 2016
Angry Birds July 1, 2016
Metal Gear Solid 2016
Sly Cooper Q1 2016
Mass Effect 2018-2019
Untitled Tomb Raider reboot TBC
Just Cause: Scorpion Rising TBC
Deus Ex: Human Revolution TBC
Splinter Cell TBC
Mortal Kombat reboot TBC
The Last of Us TBC
Gran Turismo TBC
Uncharted TBC

Warcraft has potential, depending on who's directing. LOL @ Angry Birds.

Metal Gear? That might make an interesting movie actually. To be honest with you, they could spend most of the money on effects and action sequences. All they have to do is hire the actors from the game.

I can most definitely see Assassian's Creed, Mass Effect, The Last of Us, and Metal Gear Solid being adapted into halfway decent summer flicks, if they're placed in competent hands! I.e. Keep those projects out of the hands of Uwe Boll and Paul W.S. Anderson!

Angry Birds though... Way back when I first heard that a Facebook movie was in the works, I laughed and dismissed the notion as shallow and simplistic out-of-hand. That Facebook movie ended becoming The Social Network, a phenomenal drama and one of the finest films of that year! Ever since then, I've been more cautious and less quick to laugh at and dismiss a seemingly shallow and/or simplistic concept for a film out-of-hand: even Angry Birds! That being said, I'm most likely going to pass on a CGI-animated children's film about disgruntled birds flinging themselves at swine! I'll probably stay home and watch Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds, or Birdemic if I'm in a bad movie mood, thank you very much!

Latest threads

Back