Vigilante: Final mechanics.... Maybe?

Jack Lovejoy

From
California (Originally from Korea)
Playing
Wii
Hey guys, I am here to announce some of my ideas.

For Lucifer, he will use X for a scythe attack and Y for infernal melee. If you want to know what infernal melee is, it is when Lucifer's fists and feet enlarge and become devil fists and devil feet. If you want a clearer description, his hands become red and big and covered in molten lava like a devil, increasing his range.

For the projectile attacks, it is when Lucifer attacks. When Lucifer makes a slash out of his scythe, his slash can become a shockwave that launches in three directions. You know the sword beam from zelda? Imagine the sword beam coming out of a scythe whenever Lucifer is attacking and it strikes in three directions. The same goes for infernal combat, where his punches and kicks launch beams that fly in three directions. So yeah, that is my projectile attack, beams.

Anyway, for the combos, Lucifer is going to need a lot of them, atleast 30 or 35. Lucifer will also have a new jump skill, teleporting.

When Lucifer jumps in the air, press a again to teleport in the air. You can do this 2 times to gain velocity or gaps. here is an example:

Lucifer sees a giant hole in the wall. He jumps up and presses a to teleport up and he presses a while holding the forward button to teleport forward. After he uses up all of his teleports, he will do a horizontal jump dash as a last attempt to get over an obstacle.

For special skills, Lucifer's shadow skills will be tweaked a bit.

This time, they are called Dark Skills and they can be activated by performing a certain combo. Lucifer has more combat helpful skills like:

Dark Binding: Allows you to chain all the enemies together and start throwing them at others

Dark Meteor: Summons meteors to kill opponents.

Dark Pound: Turns your scythe into a hammer and allows you to deal much more damage at the cost of speed.

Dark Dance: Lucifer's strongest dark skill that replaces Shadow Titan, allowing him to breakdance wildly with his scythe, knocking all enemies in his path.

So, would this make a great game? What are you suggestions below?

Last edited:
It has the feel that you'r playing a character that is a hybrid of two popular heroes:
Night Crawler + Scarlett Witch

This is a bit pie in the sky:
What if the main character you played was picked from a choice of two?
One has all the teleport and physical attack abilities
The other has more projection and summoning abilities

Feel free to ignore :p Just has me thinking :)

Nah, I am going to use that 2 player mechanic in a sequel game. Something like the other character has stronger and more projectile based attacks and has the ability to fly for a short amount of time since she is an angel. But the downsides is that she is slow and her combo output is rather poor. Her physical attacks are also pretty bad. Does that seem to balance out the characters in their pros and cons?

They seem like a good way to balance the play style :) I've had a hunt around, do you have any storyboards or design sketches of your game?

Also, I think I might add a nice little gimmick for stages. Lucifer's teleportation has a forcefield encasing him whenever he makes a teleport. This forcefield can be used to damage enemies upon impact within its radius.

For the gimmick, it is a gravity sphere and it can be used to give Lucifer two more teleports if he hits it upon impact. For example, there is a very wide gap where Lucifer cannot cross even with his two teleport dashes and his extra jump dash. However, there is a gravity sphere out in the middle of the gap, so if Lucifer touches the sphere upon teleportation, he will be granted two more teleport dashes to get across. However, you have to be precise with your teleports since these spheres can only be activated if you touch them with your forcefield.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back