What color Nintendo 64 was your personal favorite?

Would you like to see some of the N64 colors on future Wii consoles and controllers?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

pandabear1991

From
North MS, U.S
Playing
Super NES
I am sure there are more N64 consoles that can be listed, especially with the game edition consoles--but which one was your personal favorite and did/do you actually own it?

-Dark Gray/Black (standard)
-Ice Blue
-Jungle Green (Donkey Kong)
-Smoke grey
-Fire Orange
-Watermelon Red
-Grape Purple
-Daiei Hawks Orange/Black (Japan)
-Blue/White Clear (European & Japan)
-Red/White Clear (European & Japan)
-Gold (Toys R Us Exclusive)
-Pikachu Orange (Japan)
-Pikachu Blue (Japan)
-Pikachu Blue (North American)
-Jusco Gray/White (Japan)

Honestly, I had a standard Gray, but I so would have loved the Ice Blue. Maybe I will make it an effort to purchase one in the future. But at the same thought, wouldn't it be nice if the WiiU's came in such vibrant colors?

Picture Credit: nintendoage.comn64.jpg

I started out with a grey one and then upgraded to a see through purple one. I thought the idea was great back then to give us the choice of colors, not to mention the see through controllers that went with it. :) That seems to have come to a stand still in recent years. They have many "themed" type consoles now but not as cool as the old school ones.

Black Here, Original. From the Controllers and Everything to the sleeker appearances, black is easy on the eyes and easy to spot. I also love the multitude of colors to choose from as well - and if the Nintendo Makers don't switch colors from base white, they should at least allow shells or 'casings' like a Cell-Phone, to make it Razzle Dazzle.

Here's the Ultimate Swag Edition of the WII:

console-mods-38.jpg

Point is they should offer variations. Even small things like something like this is what Long-Time fans of the Consoles want. HEAR US NINTENDO!

@PrideKidd you are so right. Even though I had the standard edition black console, I had like 8 different controllers. My siblings often got mad and would either:
A: Throw the controller on the floor.
B: Hold the controller in their hand and punch/smack it.
C: Throw the controller on the floor and then kick/punch/smash it.

Needless to say, I had to keep my purple controller hidden, until theirs no longer worked and I couldn't play a game without them taking mine. Sibling <3

@Shimus
BWHAHAHA That is some serious swag! I am a serious Zelda fan but that is way too much.

I mean ya, they did release the Black Sports Resort Edition Wii, along with the Red Limited Edition Mario Wii (my first Wii by the way) and then the smaller pink and blue systems, which I think are still available today? But either way, I felt the colors was one of the best things about Nintendo Consoles. And for those who want decals, decal it. When your bored with that decal, peel of the decal and clean it.

I do have to wonder though if the economy has anything to do with the limited colors. Manufacturing/production companies are always looking for ways to cut back, and spending budgets for projects are always said to be "suffering." I don't know. I could just be jabbering here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, it's not really any more or any less to color the plastics something different. Plastic isn't inherently grey or white, it's transparent. So I don't see the economy being the source of it, rather than they probably wanted the simplicity of something that wasn't entirely flashy and something you'd like to stick in your front room.

@Shimus That is what I thought too as far as the plastic goes. But it still doesn't seem to make sense. I was thinking more on the lines, they didn't want to make too many of one color, in case it doesn't sell well or something like that. I don't know. There really doesn't seem to be a good answer but I suppose they have their reason.

I just had a regular ole Nintendo 64. Never anything fancy BUT I do have a few customized items I really love.
This guy:
tron-n-64.jpg

And this guy:
images

I consider myself to have a fairly classic-balanced-with-modern sense of style and generally prefer a simple sleek black or a muted, subtle shade like off-white, grey, or silver to a frankly loud-and-gaudy pastel or neon hue (that vaguely reminds me of popsicles). The exceptions being shades custom fit to title's substance and/or style, like the gold cartridges for The Legend of Zelda or the red cartridges for the SNES' Maximum Carnage. On that note, I suppose that the blue would be great when playing a Mega Man game and the red would be great for playing a Castlevania game (although black is almost equally befitting in that specific case as well), etc--but in general I much prefer and I vote for the sleek, black look of the standard, original Nintendo 64 console.

Gun to my head, if I really had to chose one of the other colours for a Nintendo 64 as pictured above: I suppose I would go with purple as my second choice (although I may be rather tempted to lick the console to see if it is truly grape flavoured).

Whoa. I love that 64, Joan. That is sick AND sexy all at the same time. I probably would have did something like that back in the day if I had a job and my parents didn't get me my first Nintendo 64 (in 1998 I think)

Is that a CARTRIDGE CONTROLLER? Sexy!

I'd also be a purple fan, as purple is my favorite color.

Gun to my head, if I really had to chose one of the other colours for a Nintendo 64 as pictured above: I suppose I would go with purple as my second choice (although I may be rather tempted to lick the console to see if it is truly grape flavoured).

BWHAHAHA!!! That is too funny! Ya know, I really had a hard time saying blue myself. The colors are just so hard to choose between but, after working in manufacturing making like plastic moldings... I would never be tempted to lick one (I know you were just kidding). Just the thought of all the hands that touched it before I received it makes me wanna hurl.

@JoanMcWench I agree with @Shimus :

That is freaking SEXY! Where did you get that system or have it customized (if it's yours)?

I did find a guy on Ebay at one point that you could find custom XBox 360's and PC's like that, but I have never seen it on an N64!? Please, do tell =^.^=

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a few people who customize older consoles on eBay. The thing is this is such a niche market that it's tough to invest all that time/money & not make the sale. I customize NESs. I'll take a picture of mine & post it here when I have the chance.

Please do, I like seeing swag systems. It's not like we Google around for custom mods (laziness? Perhaps...) but it's awesome to look at.

I'd like one done like that black lit one with chrome instead, I bet it'd look sexy.

@JoanMcWench Name the price! I was also curious about doing the customs to one of the colored systems? I know that is probably a stupid question right? Wouldn't the transparent colors allow the light too much passage? It would just look like a blob of light from a distance right?

Not sure if it's look like a blob of light, but light would definitely play a factor haha.

Otherwise, this is just too swag. Switch the light to a soft golden glow like the tri-force from zelda instead of a blue or blacklight lighting.

@JoanMcWench That is freaking sweet! I love the simplicity--it doesn't take away from the original console. I am just thinking about my FC Twin. It's the console I play the most, but mainly because I still haven't decided about which color N64 to buy. Blue, yellow, or pink--or maybe I will find a Zelda one but I highly doubt I find one in my price range.

Can you work with an FC Twin?

@JoanMcWench That is freaking sweet! I love the simplicity--it doesn't take away from the original console. I am just thinking about my FC Twin. It's the console I play the most, but mainly because I still haven't decided about which color N64 to buy. Blue, yellow, or pink--or maybe I will find a Zelda one but I highly doubt I find one in my price range.

Can you work with an FC Twin?

A paint job is always doable regardless of what console you're working with. It just takes a sprinkle of general knowledge, patience, time, & quality paints. However, incorporating lights might be trickier because of the space taken up by both ports. However, as I'm saying 'a paint job is always doable' I remember there are some people who have a difficult time with these things...:rolleyes:
FCTwinModded.png

@JoanMcWench I had a feeling the two ports would be a problem. They are so close together. I am going to give it some more thought though.

Latest threads

Back