What Wii U game should I play next?

Shane

From
Illinois
Make a case for what Wii U game I should play next, whether Virtual Console, indie, commercial, or original Wii using backwards compatibility. I know that time is a factor in everyone's life, but be a little detailed about your recommendation if possible. Maybe I want to know exactly WHY you recommend the game.

A few candidates I'm looking at:

Yoshi's Wooly World
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
See if I can play the NES Mega Man games on Wii U. I haven't checked if you can yet.
Replay Xenoblade Chronicles

I'd list what games I have and don't have, but it's pretty irrelevant as if someone has a fresh perspective on why to play something, I will replay it.

Last edited:
Yoshi's Wooly World is really nice. If you plan to get 100% completion, you're in for hundreds of hours of gameplay. It's best and more fun to play it co-op :)

Are you fond of fighting games? Then Pokken Tournament it is! I haven't played it yet, I've only watched gameplay videos from popular YouTube gamers and I'm very impressed with the gameplay. I've joined a Wii U FaceBook group and the members are going crazy over it. It's on my play list queue, and I plan to buy one very soon.

The best Wii U game I've played is Super Mario Maker. I highly recommend it, although you probably have played it already. I even bought my own capture card just for the sake of recording my Super Mario Maker gameplay. Reason? Well, it is Mario! What's not to like? :)
But in all seriousness, it's like 3 Super Mario Bros. slapped together in one game. You can learn a lot and get better playing Mario.

I'm leaning toward playing Xenoblade Chronicles over again, then playing Xenoblade X for the first time. Sure, the two games seem to be pretty unrelated, but I'm obsessive compulsive to a degree, in that I need to play Chronicles again first for some reason before playing X.

I'm bumping this thread to introduce a new topic...

Are there any Wii U sports games that will satisfy my itch for sports?

However, I do have a requirement. It can't both outdate quickly (like Madden) and be outdated already because they haven't released new ones (like Madden 13).

If you're looking for sports game that can't be outdated quickly, then you should scrap simulator-like games already. They're made to be updated and improved (it's not like that actually happens every year, though) every year, that's why they're so successful on the market.
So, my recommendation would be to have a look at games that look at some sports (I've considered racing, as well) from a new, peculiar standpoint, like:
  • Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (best choice, probably);
  • Wii Fit U / Wii Sports Club (duh, although they're more party games than anything);
  • Mario Kart 8 (to a certain extent);
  • Fast Racing NEO (amazing racer, very F-Zero-y).
They may not be exactly what you're looking for, but as far as longevity goes, I'm sure you won't find anything even close to them.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse for sure! I've been wanting to play this one for a while, never got around to buying it. It looks really fun and I love colorful games, and what else could we expect of Kirby? XD
Anyways, I'm sure you've played Minecraft so this recommendation goes unsaid, so I'll also recommend Splatoon if you haven't played it yet.

Well I have played the Kirby and The Rainbow Curse a little bit and I have to say that it was pretty good. I would say go out and get it right away and you will be hooked or anything like that, but if you have the chance it is a good one to pick up. I cannot say that I have played any of the others ones, though, so I cannot really compare and contrast them. Although Xenoblade is pretty good and I would not think replaying that is a bad choice. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back