Where to buy a SNES system?

Ok, funny story. A LONG time ago, I bought a copy of Star Trek: Elite Force off ebay. I got to about 1:3 through the game and the game a fatal glitch which prevented me from finishing the game.. It was a funny glitch though.. The character who got stuck was scripted to open a door to the next area and began to spin in exact circles in place..

Needless to say.. I just have a distrust of ebay.. However, I still use it.
You sure that wasn't a problem with the game itself on a wide scale, and not your game if you understand me?

You sure that wasn't a problem with the game itself on a wide scale, and not your game if you understand me?

No no, It was a problem with the copy of the game. I've beaten it like.. 3 times on PC since then and I never had that issue..

No no, It was a problem with the copy of the game. I've beaten it like.. 3 times on PC since then and I never had that issue..
Whelp, it happens every now and then I guess. Could just be a faulty disk in general, as in, would have been like that if you'd bought it from the regular shops. Did you complain to the buyer?

Whelp, it happens every now and then I guess. Could just be a faulty disk in general, as in, would have been like that if you'd bought it from the regular shops. Did you complain to the buyer?

Yeah but he had a no return policy..

Yeah but he had a no return policy..
Should have complained to Paypal/eBay. They don't put up with this sort of thing, and would have sided with you. But hey, you know for next time I guess

Should have complained to Paypal/eBay. They don't put up with this sort of thing, and would have sided with you. But hey, you know for next time I guess

I was like 10 at the time, and I didn't wanna bug my mom about it.. but yeah.. you live and you learn..

Amazon.com. Some of the consoles are expensive but you can get a reasonable well priced one if you look hard enough. I mean Amazon has almost anything anyway. I have been looking for a new SNES as well (mine doesn't function anymore) as well a some different games for my 64 and I found what I was looking for at a reasonable price. I feel as if ebay and craigslist can be a bit sketchy and I have never had any problems with Amazon.

I purchased a FC Twin to preserve my Super Nintendo. It is a console that is designed for Super Nintendo and Regular Nintendo games.

My Super Nintendo has seen better days and as someone already said, buying off Ebay is risky and often over priced. Craigslist is usually good, and even local pawn shops (I would call around instead of popping in). Make sure if you go the Craigslist route to post an ad in the "Wanted" section (and please try to meet in public for exchanges). Often you get more offers and better deals this way.

On the other hand, FC Twin (or Retro-Bit/RetroN) can be purchased brand new, unopened, and with a warranty at most gaming stores, and often online. Usually it comes with at least 1 controller, and they have more to buy. Not to mention controllers for your Super Nintendo can be used and of course, all regular Super Nintendo and Regular Nintendo games as well. Best of luck to ya!

I added some Amazon links to show you the consoles I was referring to. But I understand if you are hoping to find a vintage Super Nintendo =^.^=

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1KG0FFHCM27XN40ECJEX

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1KG0FFHCM27XN40ECJEX

I haven't bought anything from eBay for a while now but that's probably one of your better options. Alternatively, you'll likely find better prices at a garage sale or flee market within your local area. However, you're also relying on luck if you'll find a SNES and that it will be in decent condition. I tend to purchase consoles either from specialized import game stores or order them direct from Japan, but this option can be pricey.

I got a good deal on my Super Nintendo from craigslist. Someone trying to get rid of it, I bargained it down. I forget how much I paid exactly but it was around $60 and it came with a couple of games and two controllers. Not a bad deal at all.

I have found a ton of classic systems and games at Garage Sales, flea markets, and Craig's List. A friend of mine said that a lot of people have them around and don't realize that anyone would still want them, so he always puts a "wanted" listing on Craig's List and buys them. He gets quite a few responses and is able to get some systems and games for really reasonable prices.

Definitely go with Ebay, not only are the prices the best its the safest option. Many places selling these types of things are going to send you a defective product, and the seller ratings you can find on Ebay will usually go a long way in telling you if you have a good shot. Look around first though, but I would go with Ebay.

Inside certain malls, they have old vintage stores. Inside those stores, especially if they are game specific, you can find old systems of all kinds. I went into this one mall to go buy some shoes, and I saw this amazing looking store. It was awesome on the inside, all they had was old game systems and games, plus a lot of old content that came out back in the 90's.

If you can find one of those stores, you can be sure to get the best value for your money.

I would check your local game stop or equivalent. This would be the best route as you can test the console before you buy it and buy any games they have available. Going to a yard sale would probably allow for a far cheaper price but you might buy something that is broken. A pawnshop would also be a place to check, they may not have it but it's worth a shot. You may even be able to find a couple games on the cheap. If the Game Stop and pawnshop fail I would say eBay or Craigslist.

Well I know that this might not be the easiest or most popular method, but I would always keep my eye out for garage sales and things of that nature. That is where I got a lot of my games for the SNES and other consoles that are older, and they had the consoles themselves I just happened to already own them. I only real reason I say this though is because I am sure everyone else has mentioned places online to go, which would be my first choice too. Best of luck, and thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back