Which Combo for Speedrunning?

ThePigMouse

Playing
GameCube
Pick your recommended option here:
A. Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2, and SNES (on amazon $104.38 +tax/shipping+handling)
B. Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, and NES (on amazon $78.49 +tax/shipping+handling)
C. Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2, and SNES (on amazon 83.73 +tax/shipping+handling)

I can afford all, but If I get C I will also most likely get B because I want the SNES and I want to speedrun all the games listed here.
Thanks
face-smile.gif

First off, welcome to the forum! I'm not so sure :( There are plenty of other people on this site that know more about this stuff then I do, so hopefully more people see this new thread!

Super Mario Bros should be speedrun with the original NES release. The All Stars version is just too different. For SMB 2 and 3, you can use either version as far as I care, because All Stars mostly improved on them. Why are you set on buying a combo? Most of these cartridges can be had super cheap if you buy them individually.

I would go with option A. The reason is that you can speed run the NES Mario games with Mario All Stars and still speed run SNES Mario games on your newly acquired Super Nintendo.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back