Wii Classic Controller Pro vs Wii U Pro Controller

Donkey Punch

Playing
NES
What the heck is the difference between these two controllers?

I know the Wii Classic Controller Pro was released mainly to play Virtual Console games, but there might have also been real Wii games that supported it, like Monster Hunter, is that correct? So are any Wii U games playable with that controller, and are the original Virtual Console games still playable with it on the Wii U?

And for the Wii U Pro Controller, does that support all Wii U games or only certain titles? Is there an icon on the game packaging that shows the Pro Controller feature? Do any old Wii games work with the new Pro Controller?

Also, what are the hardware differences between the two controllers? Nintendo has kind of made all of this confusing.

This update to the Wii’s Classic Controller Pro is nearly identical to an Xbox 360 gamepad. The only major difference is the placement of the right analog stick and the face buttons, which are reversed on the Microsoft version. The Wii U controller will also support Wii U apps, such as small downloadable games, like chess and backgammon, which can be played on the controller alone. Non-gaming apps will also be supported on the controller through an app store.

The Wii U will be fully backwards compatible and will support Wii controllers and input devices, such as the Wii-mote, nunchucks, Wii Classic Controller, and the Wii Balance Board. The controller will support a Wii U Zapper accessory, which will be used for first person shooters and action games.

DIdn't know the difference either and tried figuring it out. :p Glad someone pointed out the difference. :p If I ever bought a WIi-U I'd probably use the classic controller pro for a lot of my games cuz holding the gamepad/tablet seems uncomfortable. :p

Latest threads

Back