Wii Classic Controller

Demon_skeith

Playing
Nintendo 64
So did anyone ever break down for the Wii Remote eition of Wii Classic Controller or Wii Classic Controller Pro? If so, what games did you use it on and what color did you get it in?

i bought it to play Mario 64 when it came out for the wii VC and i still use it today for MK8 and such. Mine's white with a pink rubber cover. A very good remote

I don't think the classic controllers work with Wii U games, you thinking about the Wii U pro controller? There is a difference between the two despite looking somewhat the same.

yep, the pro controller is THE best remote I've ever used. I was talking about the little white remote that plugs into the wii remotes, it looks like a SNES controller. It is compatible with some wii u games. Sorry I'm not keen on how to post pics and such.

huh, I thought the Wii version wasn't useable on Wii U games. Because I got the wii classic pro controller and the Wii U pro controller and both work great with the games.

MK8 does work with the Classic Controller Pro.

c2ra5QB.jpg

^as well as Smash Bros. no way I'm beating up on my 50$ wii u Pro Controller

Mario Kart was the only game (besides the ones where I have to use it) that I preferred using that style of controller. Was absolutely not a fan of the 'sensor wheel'. Even without the silly piece of plastic the leaning Wii-mote method was shoddy at best.

I bought the Wii Classic Controller as soon as it was made available. I use it predominantly to play my NES, SNES, Genesis and TurboGrafx-16 downloads from the VC store. It's an excellent controller and absolutely essential for retro-loving Wii owners. I think it's especially good with some of the shmups I enjoy such as Soldier Blade and Gates of Thunder.

@Damien Lee I also got the classic controller for Wii, and you actually need it to play certain games on the Virtual Console (they won't work without it), basically anything Super Nintendo and up needs the classic controller. You can still play NES games with the Wii remote by tilting it sideways, but it's kind of uncomfortable.

I have both a Wii Classic Controller and a Wii Classic Controller Pro. The Pro version is the one with the handles and slightly different button configuration. I love using the regular model for SNES games, however when playing N64 games and Wii games that use it I prefer using the pro model.

I didn't even know that a Pro controller existed. I don't think I've ever seen it in stores, even. I'll have to keep an eye out for it, but is it an official Nintendo product?

@Damien Lee I also got the classic controller for Wii, and you actually need it to play certain games on the Virtual Console (they won't work without it), basically anything Super Nintendo and up needs the classic controller. You can still play NES games with the Wii remote by tilting it sideways, but it's kind of uncomfortable.
That's true. The classic controller is absolutely essential for certain systems such as the Super Nintendo. However, it's not necessary for Sega Genesis and Turbografx-16 titles but it does feel awkward playing them with the Wii remote.

About the Wii Classic Controller Pro, it's definitely an official Nintendo product. I remember that they took sometime to reach game stores, especially where I live. But people snapped them up pretty quickly and I seldom come across them in used stores.

I found it almost impossible to play many games without the Classic Controller. I have both the original that was modeled after the SNES controller and the second model that resembles a PS2 gamepad. Both make playing some games so much more enjoyable.

It all depends on the type of game. But even for Mario Kart and Sonic Racing, the controller was so much more comfortable than the other control options.

Wow @Honest_Abe , I didn't even know there was more than one version of the classic controller :eek: I'm seriously out of touch with all of the Wii peripherals, lol. I have the one that looks like the SNES controller and I like it. :)

Latest threads

Back