Wii Interface

Hyrule Chicken

From
Canada
Playing
Super NES
I recently plugged my Wii back in and there's one thing that immediately hit me: the menu interface is terrible! I don't know who designed this, but it's so much button pressing for nothing. You want to launch a game, you click on the little TV screen and then it brings you to a menu asking if you want to start... Um, yes, I clicked on the icon already!

I know it's not a big deal, but that's definitely something that has me shaking my head.

Well it gives it a confirm for if you want to play it and if you pressed it by accident like if you wanted to go to Mii Maker, you can exit. Because if you pressed the game by accident, you would have to wait a minute or two for the game to load up before you could go back. Think of the amount of hours of waiting it saved!

I totally agree with you! The Wii interface is very sloppy and it has a lot of clutter. I don't really know how I survived with that inferface when I first obtained the Wii. We're probably so used to more simple interfaces that the Wii's interface just feels weird. Admittedly, the Wii U has improved from its predecessors' interface. It is a thousand times better than the Wii's.

Well it gives it a confirm for if you want to play it and if you pressed it by accident like if you wanted to go to Mii Maker, you can exit. Because if you pressed the game by accident, you would have to wait a minute or two for the game to load up before you could go back. Think of the amount of hours of waiting it saved!

Hahaha, no it's the opposite, every single time that I click on something, it's because I want to open it! It's just funny because everything is setup with just soooo many clicks. That interface is not Nintendo's best work.

Couldn't agree more, the interface definitely shows it's age. I guess, it was okay for the time as Nintendo and the other console manufacturers had limited experience with menu interfaces. Hopefully, this type of interface is a thing of the past and we will never see anything like this in any future console. Nevertheless, the Wii still remains one of my favorite consoles because of the great games.

I like it. Mainly for both nostalgic reasons and because it was the first time I had ever seem a complicated interface on a console.

The more I've used it recently, the more I really don't like it. Especially that ambient music! I end up muting my TV, that's how much it's bugging me, lol.

I miss the extra features like the weather, news, and Mii channels.

@GunGunW I'm not sure but I don't think those channels are still all active? I know I tried going in the 'Everybody Votes' one and it wasn't working at all. I ended up deleting a bunch of channels I had on there.

Yeah, exactly. It would be nice to have them on Wii U or something. I know they were a novelty, but I really liked them.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back