Wii U Legend of Zelda release date?

SLTE

Playing
Nintendo DS
The newest Zelda game, whatever it's going to be, keeps getting pushed further and further into the future. I've been waiting for a new one for ages, and the lack of a concrete release date is driving me buggy. Now I see it's slated for '2016', at least according to a quick Google search. Has there been any news of a more focused release date for this thing that I've just missed somewhere along the line? Crossing my fingers for good news. (By which I mean, like, next month or something. Doubtful, but I can hope.)

I somehow have a feeling they're saving it for the Nintendo NX... I don't know, I could be wrong, but there's a lot of talk for the new console, and it would make sense to have a Legend of Zelda launch game. I know it would definitely grab interest, more so than potentially someone who is Wii U-less currently and keeps hearing about the NX; they'd be more apt to wait it out I would think.

Man. I'd considered that, and I really hope it's not the case. I'm not 100% sold on buying the NX as it is, and even though we got some HD updates on the Wii U (games I already own) I've been waiting on a new Zelda game for ages. Nintendo, why you gots to be like this?

I really think it is going to be a bridge title. I will be purchasing it for the Wii U! *fingers crossed*

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back