Wii U or the NX?

Diablo925

Playing
Wii U
Should Nintendo focus on the Wii U a little longer or release the NX this year?I've been reading all kinds of mixed reviews and ideas about the Nintendo Wii U and the talks about Nintendo's next console the NX which all I can find is hear say articles about the NX. Nothing yet on what kind of console to expect.

I was wanting an 8th gen console and the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One really didn't bring anything to the table for me to rush out and buy one. I ended up just building a nice PC gaming rig to play my big titles games on. Main reasons I went for the Wii U was cause it was $100.00 cheaper and I wanted to play the latest Mario games which I love.

I just recently bought Yoshi's Woolly World and absolutely love it. I am a huge fan of a lot of the Nintendo exclusives. I honestly think that Nintendo should hold off on the new console and invest more into the Wii U like fighting to get more third party developers back and marketing the piss out of it. They should take the platform they already have and beef it up a bit. For instance they already have an 8gb and 32gb console which is not enough when some games if downloaded from the eshop can be up to 20gb.

Lucky you have the option to use the external hard drive up to 2tb which is a great feature. They should take the Wii U platform and change the name to "Nintendo Now or Next" I think the Wii name was one of the main reasons it flopped. Upgrading the hard drive to a bigger 250-500gb and maybe extra gig or two of ram. I think the graphics are nice but I prefer better gameplay over better graphics.

A lot of people don't like the game pad. I love it. I'm not sure but I don't think you can run two game pads on one system. Then maybe make a update or patch to make the game pad optional and make the pro controller the main controller for the system. Personally I think two game pads would be nice for split screen games. Each person could use their own screen for racing games and first person shooters even though there aren't many for the Wii U.

It would be a good idea to make the Virtual Wii side of the Wii U and upconverted to 1080p and make them work on the game pad as well. Regardless of what people say about the Wii they do have some fun games for it and would be nice to experience them in high definition.

I'm a huge fan of the Wii U and have been investing good money into the console and would feel like a kick in the teeth by Nintendo once again if they blow it off after a few years of being on the market. I think upgrading and updating a few things on the Wii U would be the best thing in my honest opinion. Maybe they should think about making a nice simulated racing game like forza or gran tourismo. Or some real nice sports games like 2k games or even some fallout type rpgs. All these Mario games they have out I'm surprised they haven't come out with a new Mario RPG like the SNES. By far one of my favorite RPG games. They have xeonblade chronicles of course and Zelda will be here finally 03/04 but I'm talking some new refreshing ideas. Nintendo is totally capable of doing it.

As far as the third party support I just read the Nintendo NX third party support is guaranteed not to be there as long as the communication with Nintendo NX information isn't being released to third party developers they can't make new games without that kind of information. And it's hard to make good games in one year if Nintendo is talking about releasing the NX this year. Could be B.S. but who knows. I could go on and on about this. I just love the Wii U console and hope it sticks around for awhile.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Firstly, welcome to the forums! You have a lot of great thoughts about the Wii U and the Nintendo NX, but perhaps I could suggest paragraphs next time, for ease of reading. :)

You make a lot of valid points, but ultimately I think the Wii U has plateaued. I just don't see them releasing something huge when the NX is clearly right around the corner... I mean, the Wii U has been out since Nov 2012, so it has been almost 4 years and just hasn't been as successful as they'd hope.

Thanks Hyrule! And yes I know my thread is a little hard to read. I was on my 15 minute break at work trying to cram it all in from my HTC M9. I will fix it all when I get a chance...lol

I totally understand what your saying about the Wii U not doing to well. And yes it has been out for almost four years. Sony and Microsoft was supporting the PS3 and the Xbox 360 for almost eight years. They even put out some slim consoles with different hard drive sizes.

I was going to get a PS4 but I'm going to hold off and wait for the NX. I think a really good idea for the NX would backwards compatible with Wii U games. They put the virtual Wii on the Wii U. So why not?

I'm a huge fan of the console and would love to take some of the games and some accessories from the Wii U and move it up to the NX. That would make me feel like Nintendo actually gives a crap about real gamers and the money they spend on Nintendo products.

[...]Sony and Microsoft was supporting the PS3 and the Xbox 360 for almost eight years.[...]

True, but I always considered that generation of consoles to be a bit of an anomaly with how long it lasted. I'm still surprised that the Xbox 360 and PS3 had such a long life. The Xbox 360 was released in 2005, almost 11 years ago and it's still (kind of) getting new releases... that's insane! :)

Backwards compatibility is a tricky thing... I'd definitely want everything to always be backwards compatible and up-scaled, but sometimes it's just not realistic. Hopefully Nintendo can pull it off!

@Diablo925 Excellent post and welcome! It was like reading something i would have said. The only thing i miss is my wrestling/sports games and i used to love Gran Turismo. By the way, can't help but notice your Saints gear. A fellow Louisiana native by chance?

Thanks Dustin! And yes I'm from New Orleans. And as far as sports and wrestling that's why I mentioned Nintendo trying to get 2k Games back. They make way nicer and better played games. Unlike EA that doesn't even offer wrestling. I'm gonna get Madden 13, FIFA 13 and NBA 2k13 for the Wii U just to have some real sports titles for it. Not Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics...lol

I like the WiiU a lot but I am definitely ready for the NX. I hope they release it this year and I'd be happy if they shift their focus towards it while not abandoning the WiiU completely.

Zero I'm totally cool with that idea too. Sell and support both consoles at one time. Or that's unless they do like I was saying and make the NX backwards compatible like the Wii U is with the Wii. I've been playing Call of Duty BOII and GHOST online on the Wii U and love how it plays and having the handset to change classes and look at the score board.

I have written out my ideas for Nintendo's 2016 pretty thoroughly here already.
http://www.nintendoloveaffair.com/2016/01/whats-next-for-nintendo.html

The biggest point hat I want to stick to, NX home console will be a holiday 2016 release with Zelda Wii U as the bridge title.

Now, Nintendo has referred to the NX as a third pillar but we all know how that kind of talk turned out for the Game Boy line... the Wii U is as good as dead and the slow trickle of games planned should be a clear cut sign of a 2016 death. There is no way they are going to try and carry out the Wii U into 2017.

@ Mark Ball, very cool predictions. I will have an NX when it comes out. All I was clearly stating is the Wii U should get a little more credit that it deserves. I think it's a great console. Yeah it might not have much third party support and a shit load of games. But the few games it has are really fun and unique. I rather that than having a huge shitty library to choose from other than they games that are worth playing.

Last edited:
Heck yea! The Wii U library is tight! It is going to be one of those systems that will have a hardcore dedicated audience for years and years. My only regret is waiting so long to get into it.

this is a difficult question... I think they should release NX

Release the NX, give us full backwards compatibility ;)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back