Will the NX further hurt the sales of the Wii U?

Damien Lee

Playing
Super Famicom
There seems to be a certain level of excitement surrounding the NX. Even though we don't know too much about it, forums and YouTube channels are relatively enthusiastic. This is great and I hope it bodes well for the future of Nintendo's upcoming game console.

What concerns me is the state of the Wii U. I'm worried that because the system is already lagging behind, gamers may have given up on it already. The fact that the NX will be released pretty soon may even hinder further sales of the Wii U.

Do you think this is a reasonable concern, are Wii U sales going to drop further as we near the launch of the NX?

I think it's a very reasonable concern. As much as Nintendo will claim they will continue to support the Wii U, the new shiny console always takes centre stage. Especially with the fact that Wii U "bombed", a lot of Nintendo fans that may have skipped the Wii U are keeping a close eye on the NX. Time will tell, but I think you have a very valid concern.

Of course. It probably already is. I actually have a friend that is considering not getting the Wii U at all because the NX might be right around the corner. To be honest, I'm not happy that it's possibly launching next year. I think they need to let the Wii U run its course.

The situation is sad. It's not good when gamers who are already fans of Nintendo are skipping an entire console generation of the company. I hope that Nintendo realizes this and they do everything they can to ensure that the NX is a success.

@GunGunW I also wish that Nintendo wouldn't give up on the Wii U so quickly. It would've been better to give this system some more breathing room, before releasing it's successor so soon.

My prediction is that one, maybe two weeks after the NX launch we get the bombshell, online services no longer supported for the Wii u. Why wouldn't they? It happened to the Wii shortly after they announced that the Wii u wasn't being made to replace the Wii.

Latest threads

Back