Will the Wii U price go down soon?

I don't really trust what the developers say nowadays. It isn't that they aren't trustworthy, but the market changes so much so quickly that their predictions hold very little weight. If they want to stay competitive against the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4, they're going to have to do something. I know they aren't going to cut the price in half or anything dramatic like that, but I don't think a $50 price drop is entirely out of the question.

If I was nintendo I would drop the 8gb model and have a 50 dollar price drop on the 32gb model.

It will probably go down during the 2013 holiday season but it's hard to say just how much it will drop by. They are already struggling to make profits, so if they were going to lower the price of the console they would desperately need to make that up on the sale of games. And with the current library of games this doesn't like like it's going to happen. Hopefully the new smash bros game will prove me wrong and it will be a hit, but the way it's looking now is it might go down but no more than $50. What could work though is a better bundle deal, I know that there are a couple out now, but what we need is the real ultimate bundle with multiple games and actually good games to go with the bundle, that way it would be a win-win scenario for everyone.

There's no reason for any of the major companies to drop the price in any increment other than $50. $100 seems like far too high a price drop, so really $50 is the only realistic amount. What's questionable is whether they'll drop the price at all, but I also don't see them discontinuing any of the models.

I'm debating on getting a Wii-U because I have hope that SEGA will localize Ryu ga Gotoku HD collection for it. I like the tablet-sque controller as well and the ability to stream the game to the tablet, I often see a lot of use for this. I can do something similar now with my PS3 and Vita but only for certain games that support the 'cross play' feature.

The Wii-U worries me though because it doesn't seem like a whole lot of exclusive and unique titles are coming to it, other then the as-to-be-expected Mario and Sonic games....

there are actually a lot of exclusive unique title coming for it. You have monolith sifts game "X", you have Bayonetta 2, sonic lost world (which really wasn't to be expected), Pikmin 3, Miyamotos new IP, and several of Nintendos heavy hitters. It really is a great syst, and by the end of this holiday season, it will have some amazing games. I do hope you buy one, it is a truly great system.

I was always a believer for WiiU - so I got it before I really knew what was coming. At this point I'm glad I have it since I am all about Bayonetta and the sequel is looking great. Since there are going to be attempts to move in less Nintendo traditional games like COD Ghosts and such I am really looking forward to the future of this system.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back