Cool?

• Not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shiftrex

Playing
GameCube
Hey Everyone!

I’ve been pretty busy to post on the forum lately but I'm back and thought that it would be fun to post my fangame project for ya'll to see.

My project is called 199X and is going to be a recreation of the Mother series’ battle experience. It focuses on using Characters from the series, Baddies, PSI, Equipment, Munchables (FOOD!) and even Sanctuaries. Right now, I’m focusing on creating the Earthbound sections of my game but eventually I will make the Mother 1 and Mother 3 portions of my game.

Here is a video that introduces the card types of my game and the basic concept:

My process of creation is to work through the game chronologically, create as many interactions as possible if there is an interaction in the game. Meaning, enemies that call eachother… enemies that can use PSI… enemies that drop certain items… the interactions between condiments and munchables.

Features that the game will have are:

• Playstyles that pay homage to not only Mother but also current TCGs like Pokemon, Yugioh, Force of Will, Magic, ect…
  • Every Baddie, Boss, Major Character, Food, Condiment, Sanctuary, piece of equipment and PSI that you remember from the game will be included and it will have interactions similar to the ones that you remember in the game, plus new content when I’m done creating each block of cards.
  • Blocks of cards are probably going to be major areas in a game or the entire games themselves like in Earthbound you have Onett, Twoson, Threed and so on.
  • Future videos will be put out to explain the turns, battle system and eventual rule book revisions.
  • When I’m done with a block of cards I’m going to print them out and create industry quality cards that you guys can see and they will be featured on my Youtube channel and I’ll find a way for you guys to print them yourselves or play with them in electronic form.
The next things I am working on are:

• Fine tuning the battle system for my rulebook (it is still only in version one)
  • Finishing all the Baddies and Characters that appear in Onett
  • Working on Frank, the punks in the arcade and the sanctuary guardian for Giant Step
Note about the Artwork:

Currently I am using clipart, I’d like to find someone to either donate art for certain things or try inking over outlines and making my own.

In one of my next posts you’ll find my rulebook, version one as it stands, and I’ll include some sample cards later if you guys are interested. If you guys have interest in this let me know, give me card ideas, give me ideas for the mechanics that my ‘Flavors’ are promising to deliver. Let me know if you want to do any artwork that fits in with the current ‘look’ of things, which I’d define as almost comic-booky at the moment. If you want to see more cards then post here or on my youtube channel and I’ll try to make another video showing how the turn system works and what cards that I have done beyond the samples I’m attaching to this post.

What I need:

Playtesters (eventually)
Ideas (always)
Art (nothing fancy, simple is best)

That's an impressive amount of work you've put into this.

Thanks guys! I'm almost done with all the stuff that appears in Onett, still got some Baddies and some Munchables to finish up.

Hey guys! Update for this game coming soon, within the next day or so ^^

I just thought that I'd link another project that I'm collaborating with my girlfriend to work on:

Let me know what you think! :D

That project is actually a lot further along because we had to drop everything and work on it for her school assignment. We are going to keep it and develop it into a full scale, six faction game to cover the exploits of WWII with the goal of teaching people history while playing a fast paced game.

Latest threads

Back