2ds vs. 3ds?

SLTE

Playing
Nintendo DS
I have never owned a Nintendo 3DS. I don't think I've ever even played a 3DS, despite the fact that most of my friends own one. I do, however, have a 2DS, and I love it to bits. I don't think I will ever bother with a 3DS, because I don't care about the 3D, and the 2DS fits quite comfortably into my hands.

For those of you who have used and / or owned both iterations of the system, which do you prefer? 2DS or 3DS?

I never owned a 2DS but to be honest even though I have a New Nintendo 3ds I also rarely use the 3D. I usually just see what it looks like for a second than I play the game with it off. How is the battery life on a 2DS? The only thing I like is the 3DS folds up to protect the screen.

I think that I prefer the fold up function too. Probably because I loved my old Gameboy Advance SP over the Gameboy Advance model itself. There is just something about folding it up and putting it in my pocket without any additional casing that feels good. I don't use the 3D function either though, it gives me headaches.

I never owned a 2DS but to be honest even though I have a New Nintendo 3ds I also rarely use the 3D. I usually just see what it looks like for a second than I play the game with it off. How is the battery life on a 2DS? The only thing I like is the 3DS folds up to protect the screen.
The battery life is quite good. I usually get seven or eight hours out of mine before it's absolutely starving for a recharge. I think it's pretty much the same as a 3DS, all told, and on the whole it's probably a bit better since you never have the chance to eat up more battery by turning on the 3D capability.

I own a 2DS and I like it a lot. I thought it was really big when I saw pictures of it online but its size is perfect in my opinion. The only thing I prefer on the 3DS is the fact that you can close it- I also own a GameBoy Advance SP and the screen is in perfect condition. I need to be really careful whenever I take my 2DS since I don't have a bag that fits (I need to buy one).

All in all I don't think it matters much if you don't use the 3D. Unless you really like being able to fold the system or if you prefer a larger screen.

I used to have a 2DS and I liked it a lot. The shoulder button are great for certain 2D platformers, especially those three amazing Castlevania DS games. I can't even see in 3D since I'm blind in one eye but I like the 3DS that I have now. I will probably pick up a 2DS one day when I see one really cheap.

The new 2DS Pokemon editions are so pretty though, I wish I could buy one! I bought the Omega Ruby Red one but the colors on these are different! Other thing I like about the 3DS is the customization that you can do. I've only ever found a case for my 2DS and it was from Dragon Ball lol

I don't own a 2ds, but my friend owns one and I've played on that for a little while. I have a 3ds xl myself, so its a different comparison for me since I get gigantic screens and more hand space. But I've also played on a 3ds and the 2ds is by far much more comfortable to hold and play with. The only thing you miss is portability, but if you get one of those carrying pouches, you can put it in a schoolbag or handbag very easily

Sorry, but I gotta have my built-in Amiibo support and portable Xenoblade.

In other words, I like the New 3DS.

2DS still has good games though that can potentially run just as well. Like Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call.

I mostly use my 2ds for Pokemon, and it works well enough. You really can't beat $99 for a console that will play most, if not all 3ds games. I bought my girlfriend a 2ds for her birthday last year, and I got one for Christmas last year. My only complaint with the 2ds is that it's hard to just put it in your pocket, but I usually just keep mine in my girlfriends purse when I'm out and about. The 2ds battery stays charged for several hours it seems, so I don't have any complaints there. I just really don't see the need to spend an extra $100 just for 3d and folding capability.

I love the 2ds. I don't actually have a 3ds because i bought one and then couldn't play it without hurting my thumbs. The D-Pad is too close to the edge of the console and i have to bend my fingers so much so that it hurts over time. I had this same problem when the ds lite was first introduced to me. Then i was going to return my 3ds and noticed the 2ds. I decided to give it a try. It was great, i have no complalints on how it play because i never even used the 3d on the 3ds, but i could finally play without taping cotton balls to the joints of my thumbs! I had to get a game changer for my gba sp. It helps.

Yeah my friends like the 2DS too. It's definitely a good buy given its price. It doesn't really matter if your game doesn't use 3D that much like Pokemon. Turning 3D on actually makes it worse because the game will drop frames and feel laggy. Even with the New 3DS it lags. However, there are games which definitely look great on 3D and will enhance your gaming experience. Mario Kart 7 and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon are games that play really well with 3D. They look absolutely beautiful. If you guys will ever plan to play 3D, I suggest you do it with the New 3DS.

Turning 3D on actually makes it worse because the game will drop frames and feel laggy.
Too true :confused:
Glad to know there are other people who like the 2Ds, lately everyone seems to think that I was crazy for buying this "huge block" lol

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back