A New Legend of Zelda Game in the 3/4 Top-Down View?

Hyrule Chicken

From
Canada
Playing
Super NES
These days, it seems Nintendo is focused on releasing Mario games in the original 2D view (instead of the 3D from Super Mario Galaxy).

Do you wish that they'd do the same with the Zelda franchise?

A Link to the Past used a 3/4 top-down perspective similar to that of the original The Legend of Zelda, but they switched to full 3D with Ocarina of Time and haven't really looked back since.

Personally, I'd love to see a new LoZ game in the classic top-down view.

have you tried A Link Between Worlds? it was awesome for a 3ds title. personally I'm rooting for a realistic, dark, Twilight Princess art style. Skyward Sword was not my fav. I'm ready for a console title, i miss sitting on the living room floor, maps around me, drinking coffee and letting it rip. its time

@dustinb12 I actually have never played A Link Between Worlds since I don't own a 3DS, but looking it up, it does look pretty cool.

I'm 100% with you, and I don't want Nintendo to just release an old school type Zelda game (although that would be awesome). What you're describing sounds awesome. I love printing maps (I still have an old laminated map from ATTP) and just having a long gaming marathon.

I prefer the 3/4 top-down view for rpgs and action-rpgs for a number of reasons. Dungeon design tends to be superior and even combat is more enjoyable, as far as action rpgs are concerned. Nintendo should definitely consider making an old school Zelda game with glorious pixel art assets. I don't need my action rpgs to be in 3D and cinematic when I can have fun, traditional gameplay.

@Damien Lee I was waiting for your answer to this thread, because I knew you'd support this idea, based on your previous posts. ;)

That's a good point in terms of dungeons. Walking into a new room in the Legend of Zelda was always fun because you got to survey the whole area in one shot. Even ATTP was good for that. I like having that bird's eye view.

Yeah, a 2.5D Zelda title is on my short list of dream games, along with a fully 3D Pokemon MMORPG.

It seems too logical that both would be highly profitable. I wonder why neither has come out. I mean consoles here, not handheld.

YES! A full 3-D Pokémon MMORPG! That would be absolutely amazing and needs to happen. I guess we're getting Pokémon GO which is kind of similar, but an actual MMORPG based in the Pokémon universe would be great. You're right though, there are so many things that should have come out by now that haven't!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back