Acoustic Guitar Duets of Nintendo Songs

From
Nimbus Land
Playing
Nintendo 64
Hey guys,

My bandmate and I have been covering some of our Nintendo songs over the last few months. Here are some of the covers that we've done:

"Dragon Roost Island" theme from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker:

"Sunshine Seaside" (aka the 'Beach Theme') from Super Mario 3D World:

"Forest Maze" theme from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars:

"Milk Bar" theme from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask:

We would love any sort of feedback/constructive criticism, or even requests if you guys have any! :)

You guys are fantastic! What do you usually play besides game music?

Thank you so much! :)

We actually play in a band besides that (Indie-ish?) where we write, sing, play some other songs. We only met a couple months back actually, but we've been hard at work at both things. We've only played a few small shows with the original music, whereas covers (like the ones linked above) tend to take off a bit faster. All of it is super fun.

Wow, I'm actually subbed now. Good work, and keep it up. If you take requests, I have plenty of old good game music for you to do! Just let me know :D

Wow, thanks so much for subbing Shimus! And thank you for the kind words.

Yeah, we would absolutely adore requests. We're planning to do this channel for a long time, so it might take us a while to get to any requests, but having a long list is always nice. If you have any suggestions, please do share!

Chrono Trigger: Undersea Palace - Black Omen - or perhaps Corridors of Time

Zelda Music from any franchise like your Roost video, but OOT sticks with me. So perhaps a medley of all the ocarina songs in order back to back? Since they're only like 10-30 second snippets. Might make a decent video. Failing that, some original Zelda tunes like Link to the Past or the original NES version would be killer - your discretion, of course.

Maybe some Final Fantasy music as well - anything from Kefka's Theme on up to 10's music is decent enough. *6/7/8/10* is my favorite order for some of them, so music from those perhaps? Just some ideas to pop out there. Might be too much too fast, but I figured why not,

Sorry for the late reply! We'll give that Chrono Trigger song a look, although I'm assuming that we'll probably end up doing Corridors of Time before the others you listed. That said, it's been a while since I've played that game, so a refresh on the soundtrack would be nice.

That OOT suggestion is actually super-kickass, and we wish we could do it, but we're thinking that we'd like to explore most of the OOT songs as individual videos. OOT is a game that is very special to both of us, so we probably want to give each of the 'big' songs a full video and arrangement. We are planning to do a medley for songs from the Super Mario series, as many of them (especially the old classics) do end up looking at around 30/40 seconds. I wouldn't rule out the chance for a Zelda medley in the future, however!

And we will definitely do some Final Fantasy in the future. It may take a while since we have such a long list of songs we want to (and need to) run through, but Final Fantasy will DEFINITELY be getting some love. Love all of the soundtracks of the games you listed (plus 9 as well!)

No problem. I'm happy you did respond: Good luck catching up on the songs you need to do.

I could keep recommending, but I don't want to be "That Guy" so I'll stop. When you get our your backlog of songs out, I'll be a muse of sorts if you prefer. I'm eagerly awaiting newer videos everyday.

Also, are you cool with me puttin' them on my MP3 player? Songs I enjoy a lot, I work too, and keep one ear of music in. It's nice to hear old game music redone with decent people behind it, but I don't steal songs and I give credit where it's due so I figured no biggie.

By all means keep recommending! We love receiving them, but we always feel awkward about when we will do them. Music is our existence, and I'm quite positive that we'll be doing covers even three years from now, hence why I love all of the options we have. The awkward part is telling people they might have to wait a year before we get to that song, but we're just weird planners like that.

By all means! We would be flattered if you listened to our stuff on an MP3 Player, honestly! And our next cover is going to be up in about an hour and a half (2am pacific time), keeping the spirit of the cover and the game that we covered :)

Keep up your good work :D you need more subs. Too many "Crap stations" these days get all the subs and good remakes and rendition channels never get what they should.

#CheeringSquad

Here's our brand new cover of the "Outset Island" theme from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker!

It is linked here:

We're very flattered at the support, Shimus! We actually just broke 2,000 subs recently and that in of itself is a dream come true for us, so we are more than grateful. Of course, we're not going to complain about our channel growing :p But we're beyond humbled that people actually listen to what we put out.

Hey, when you make good music, it doesn't matter who you are, what you look like, how you go about your everyday life - people just want to forget a moment, to go back to the time when they can recall playing that music firsthand. You give people that opportunity, to remember their past and enjoy the songs you put out. It's a noble goal.

And congrats on 2k+ subs!

That is so cool to hear, thank you so much Shimus! Honestly, we never knew that we'd be doing a Youtube channel like this as a side-project, but I remember many years back when I first discovered CSGuitar covers of Nintendo songs, and how much I felt like how you just described. Those covers really did take me back, so if we can do the same for you and others, all we can say is that we are super humbled. :)

And thank you very much!

Keep up the good work. Awaiting eagerly for new awesome videos.

I love how mellow it is, no strain, all the notes come out effortlessly like they were meant to be played like that. Good continuity!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back